Official Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nwadinso Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwadinso-michael.html
Latest Review: Mon Cheri by Spare Time Novels

Re: Official Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick

Post by Nwadinso Michael »

Walid is in a fix , and it is necessary for him to make the right choice. I'd love to read this book. Thanks for your honest review.
God is a Poet and he taught me how to hold my pen.
Moses mark joe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Moses mark joe »

I like it when an author manages to tackle different facets of the story
This book definitely sounds interesting and starts out that way.
Nice review..
Akinola John
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akinola-john.html
Latest Review: Running the Sahara by Marcel Nickler

Post by Akinola John »

The story talks about Walid who is a master's degree obtainer in computer science and lives in Los Angeles with his girlfriend. The characters have great background stories. Lovers of thrillers would find it interesting. Thanks for the great review.
Smith whitefield
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Smith whitefield »

This is an intriguing piece, it has taken me from dreadful boredom into an exciting world of a real energetic genre. I like the book it is descriptive and the narration is very real and soul touching navigating from one story to another with different characters makes the book more enjoyable.
bishop_444
Favorite Book: Yesterday
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bishop-444.html
Latest Review: The Reject Bench by James H Morgan

Post by bishop_444 »

I read to escape, and the famine and plague mentioned seem too close to reality. But, for those that enjoy an espionage thriller, this seems like a good choice. It sounds intriguing.
Uwe Neufeld
Favorite Author: Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Favorite Book: Treasure Island
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uwe-neufeld.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel
fav_author_id: 3039

Post by Uwe Neufeld »

John Winnick at his best, I would say. Lots of action, lots of violance and a little of ramance, too. Can You ask for more?
todwyer01
Currently Reading: From the Fatherland with love
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-todwyer01.html

Post by todwyer01 »

From a sampling, this seems like an interesting thriller novel following Lara and Uri, two government agents, as they pursue and attempt to stop a terrorist group from using a nuclear fission bomb that is being smuggled into the US. It might be worth a second look. Well done. Congrats!
Lydia Efobi 1
Favorite Book: Love Hypothesis
Currently Reading: Six of Crows
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lydia-efobi-1.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Lydia Efobi 1 »

In this thriller novel, the author does a great job of shifting the narrative viewpoint from one personality to another. The personalities have great background stories that make them quite rational and help the readers understand the motives behind their actions. Amazing book. Congratulations!
Aashu Chaudhary
Favorite Author: J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aashu-chaudhary.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
fav_author_id: 96867

Post by Aashu Chaudhary »

Love to read spy thrillers. Also, would love to know if Walid will save the innocent lives over his original beliefs or not. The author had shown the perspective of different characters, which will, no doubt, double the fun and help to understand the ideologies of every character more deeply.
Ishtah11
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ishtah11.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Ishtah11 »

:no-spoil: The book shows how quickly a person can be changed in a minute right from the onset. The prologue showed it beautifully and prepared the reader for what's about in the novel. It makes me realize how much grace we have to have those in the FBI, military, etc, willing to risk their lives for our safety. We should not waste the chance they give us on things and ideologies that would not serve us. :tiphat:
Abu_Aisha1
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abu-aisha1.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Abu_Aisha1 »

Having a budding romance infused into an action-packed spy thriller of this kind sounds very interesting. I like everything about this book. Congrats to the author on being the #BOTD!
John Arun Kumar
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 177
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-arun-kumar.html
Latest Review: Sophistries of Summer Days by Jenny Lofters

Post by John Arun Kumar »

Averting terrorist threats is the thing of the day. This thriller gives us insights into the lives of the government agents Uri and Lara who have to deal with the situation. It also gives insights into the lives of those perpetrators who are in the thick of it all. A well written peice fitting to the genre. Your review has captured it all. Congratulations on the BOTD!
Francis Dupal-ag
Currently Reading: East Wind, 2nd edition
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Francis Dupal-ag »

If you are looking truth behind the 9/11 bombing this book is for you. If you want to learn the culture, beliefs, perspective or worldview of a terrorist and muslims this is the book you are looking for. Don't miss out this opportunity of knowing the reasons why people want to lose their quality kind lives for something they believe as a calling from the Almighty God. If you are a government security officer or have a plan to be one I strongly recommend to read this one, it will help you save lives and protect your country better.
Pauls_
Currently Reading: A Dagger In The Heart
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul.html
Latest Review: Recognizing Beauty by Cyndi Burrough

Post by Pauls_ »

A lot seems to be going around Walid Jahangiri. Any Lara and URI book always have these amazing edge. I'm sure this thriller is worth reading. Congratulations on BOTD.
Francis Dupal-ag
Currently Reading: East Wind, 2nd edition
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Francis Dupal-ag »

If you are looking truth behind the 9/11 bombing this book is for you. If you want to learn the culture, beliefs, perspective or worldview of a terrorist and muslims this is the book you are looking for. Don't miss out this opportunity of knowing the reasons why people want to lose their quality kind lives for something they believe as a calling from the Almighty God. If you are a government security officer or have a plan to be one I strongly recommend to read this one, it will help you save lives and protect your country better. I will rate this four out of four stars. :shock:

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”