Review by juliepowers -- The Girl in Red Pajamas

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
juliepowers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliepowers.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Review by juliepowers -- The Girl in Red Pajamas

Post by juliepowers »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl in Red Pajamas" by Chris Birdy.]
Book Cover
1 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Girl in the Red Pajamas is a family drama based around a singular young girl and

her eccentricities. I chose to read this book because it stated a young girl was a murderer.

I like crime novels and a little girl as a murderer is an unusual twist. Chris Birdy wrote a

good book, but I was not hooked into the book like I usually am on crime novels. I then saw

that this book is the third in the series and I wondered if maybe I was missing something by

not having read the other books.

The title was intriguing to me and the book jacket further intrigued me appealing to me as a

crime reader. However, as I read the book, I lost interest in finding out about the murders.

It took a long time for the murders to be explained.

There is a nuclear family as the main subjects while they extended family intertwined with

them throughout the whole book. There is a large portion of the extended family involved

heavily with the bible. A large portion of the book was understanding the extended family and

the relationships they had with each other. Each relationship was explained in detail.

I give this book 1 out of 4 stars simply because of the main character of the book,

Isabella is such a special little girl. I would have had to have liked to read more about

Isabella. I think this book may appeal more to older readers who are interested in family

dynamics. It is not a crime novel but a family relationship book very heavy into families

divided by the Bible. I have read the whole book and I am unsure what the plot was. However,

the author is good at laying out the characters and their oddities and relationships with each

other I just think it should have happened much faster.

The book was long and drawn out not really getting to a great plot. I think most of the

elements could have been covered at the beginning. Again, maybe it is because it was the third

book in the series, and I had not read the first two. The drama between the family members was

interesting but it all mainly revolved around religious aspects and this is something I do not

care for. I would recommend it to people who really enjoy in-depth characters and their

relationships with others.

The Girl in Red Pajamas
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
rumik
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rumik.html
Latest Review: Agartha by Jaylee Austin

Post by rumik »

Ouch, sounds like it was a rather boring experience. I won't be trying this one out.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”