Review by shivani kumari -- The Easter Make Believers

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
shivani kumari
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shivani-kumari.html
Latest Review: The Kings' Assassin by Ed Cannon

Review by shivani kumari -- The Easter Make Believers

Post by shivani kumari » 30 Apr 2019, 10:47

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Easter Make Believers" by Finn Bell.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

What could possibly be the reason behind a hostage situation in the house of a normal family? A number of reasons crossing your mind at this point? I suggest you to stop guessing because THE EASTER MAKE BELIEVERS by Finn Bell is going to blow your mind. The story is set in New Zealand and the level of suspense in this fast paced action-thriller is definitely beyond your expectations.

The story follows detectives Nick Cooper and Tobe White as they are directed to join other policemen in a scene of hostage. On reaching the location, they learn that a gang of gunmen has taken the Chen family hostage in their own home. After a tense standoff that ends with most of the gunmen dead, the detectives are shocked to see that the gunmen are prominent gang leaders. To add to their difficulties they also find out that the father of the family is missing.

The readers also get a hint that a huge snowstorm is on the rise and that will surely make the investigation very tough because the snow will force the traffic to come to a halt.

What was the reason behind the hostage situation? Will the police be able to solve the case and find the father before the storm sets in?

I would like to start by saying that the characters of both Nick and Tobe are very well built. Tobe seems to be very realistic about the direction in which the case could go while, Nick is pretty optimistic about finding James Chen. This contradictions in their personality is what makes them likeable as detective partners.

If you think that this book is similar to other action-thriller stories where the plot is very predictable then you are wrong. The best thing about this book is its ability to surprise the readers even when we feel that we know everything that there is to know. Throughout the story the writer provides us with new clues and gets us thinking about a whole new angle with every new clue. Even towards the end the writer provides us with new information and very satisfyingly brings the story to an end. I'll rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

This book has taken my love for action-thrillers to a whole new level. I like it how the writer provides extra information like about the forthcoming snowstorm, to the readers. This helps to build up the excitement within the reader and we also feel helpless as we aren't able to warn the policemen about the snowstorm.

There were no notable grammatical errors in the book. I will suggest this book to hardcore fans of action-thriller. Due to some graphic descriptions I would suggest young readers to avoid reading this book.

The Easter Make Believers
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like shivani kumari's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”