Review by Abimbola Omojowo -- Twisted Threads

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Abimbola Omojowo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abimbola-omojowo.html
Latest Review: From Liberty to Magnolia: In Search of the American Dream by Janice S. Ellis

Review by Abimbola Omojowo -- Twisted Threads

Post by Abimbola Omojowo »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Twisted Threads

This is a fictonal book, the fourth in the thread series by Kaylin McFarren. It can also be a stand alone as it is easy to read and understandable on it's own.

Akira is a trained assassin that worked for the Zakura-kai gang in Japan. She was a victim of circumstance and her only desire was to regain her freedom and start afresh. In order to do that, she has a final job of killing an English couple, who allegedly had killed her boss' sister. The task involves getting and staying onboard a cruise ship in its final days at sea. She had planned to seduce the suspects' nephew but there were unexpected twists as events unfolded.

Kaylin McFarren's Twisted Threads is intriguing and full of suspense as there's something to look forward to while reading. I especially like how the author presented Akira as sweet and innocent, yet resolute and focused on any given task. The book seems to be well edited as I did not notice any grammatical error.

I will rate the book 2 out of 4 stars , the reason being that it had too much of sex scenes that were not necessary. Also I feel the end was a bit muddled up as there seemed to be many killers onboard and I could not determine them all. Also I did not get how some of the characters towards the end were related to one another.

I would recommend this book to anyone who like suspense and mysteries. However because of its numerous explicit sexual acts, I would not recommend it to readers under the age of 18.

Twisted Threads
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Abimbola Omojowo's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”