Review by Bdnews4 -- Betrayal of Justice by Mark M. Bello

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bdnews4
Currently Reading: The Widow's Strike
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bdnews4.html
Latest Review: Betrayal of Justice by Mark M. Bello

Review by Bdnews4 -- Betrayal of Justice by Mark M. Bello

Post by Bdnews4 » 28 Mar 2019, 15:30

[Following is a volunteer review of "Betrayal of Justice" by Mark M. Bello.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Betrayal of Justice by Mark M Bello

Betrayal of Justice is just that - betrayal. The new president has signed an order against people from other countries entering the United States. It includes a promise to deport citizens illegally in the U.S. And he has focused on the "Islamic". Arya Khan and her family are right in the thick of it.

Arya was born in the U.S. So were her brothers and sisters and their families. Her parents, Hamid and Riah, are naturalized citizens. They own a successful fruit stand that they built from the ground up. When the Mosque in their community is firebombed, all were devastated. On a visit to the police station to check the progress of the investigation. Arya was getting the impression that the police were not to interested in investigating the bombing. The detective left an open file of a person of interest, Keith Blackwell, on his desk when he was called away. Arya looked at the file and got the name and address and decided to take matters into her own hands.

As she sat down the street from his house, she saw another man come around the side of the house to the front door. She witnessed Keith Blackwell getting murdered by this man. Leaving her car to go to him in an effort to help him, she was caught by police leaning over his body with his blood on her clothes. She was accordingly charged with his murder.

After being alerted to her incarceration by a good friend in the Muslum community, Zachary Blake goes to visit Arya. After speaking to her at some length, agrees to defend her. He then learns of her parents being notified of deportation hearings.

This is the first book I have read by Mark M. Bello. It was well written. Characters were described well but not overly so. There was not a lot of description about clothes and surroundings, which I like. It explained the laws but not exaggerated. The one point I did like was the results of the deportation hearing on Arya's parents. I found this hard to put down. I will be reading more by Mr. Bello. I give this book 4 out of 4 stars.

Betrayal of Justice
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Bdnews4's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”