Official Review: Serial K Returns by Brian Gallagher

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chill01
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chill01.html
Latest Review: Chip’s World: Complex #31 and The Caretaker by Thomas Hill

Re: Official Review: Serial K Returns by Brian Gallagher

Post by Chill01 »

I like that the story is a stand-alone and you do not have to read book one in the series to understand this one. I would probably feel as you did when confronted with the reason this guy has become a killer and it would greatly complicate my feelings about his motives if not his methods. I am one of those readers with a gentle heart and do not want to read this based on the review. I hate books that are pinned on children being abused. Thank you for the great review.
lionmoon_3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lionmoon-3.html
Latest Review: Puffy and the Formidable Foe by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by lionmoon_3 »

Serial K Returns

There's something inherently satisfying when 'bad' guys get their just desserts! Drug dealers, pedophile priests, all seem deserving to meet their final destination whether it is at the hands of 'heroes' or unsavory characters like the Avenger. Somehow, the violence is justified, acceptable. Or not. What if these cravings for justice, for drugs, for sex, did not exist?
Book lover26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-lover26.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by Book lover26 »

Sounds like this would be a very gripping book that will keep you hooked right from the beginning, the cover looks as though it belongs on a DVD cover for a horror film, I like it! I'm very much looking forward to reading this, even more so after reading your review!
DathanReeves
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dathanreeves.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by DathanReeves »

As a big fan of "Criminal Minds," this book sounds right up my alley. The human mind, especially the mind of a criminal is so alien I rush to learn what I can. This book sounds like it will satisfy that curiosity.
Gods Monkey
Currently Reading: The Morning Mind
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gods-monkey.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by Gods Monkey »

Once agin I feel a perfect rating is inappropriate, due to the reviewer saying “very few typos”. Meaning there are some and no matter how insignificant they maybe they still make the writing less then perfect. Therefore the rating should reflect that. However that being said the summary of the book has me intrigued. Criminal Minds is my favorite show because it demonstrates how messed up the human thought process can be.
Jillpillbooknerd
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 1908
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jillpillbooknerd.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Jillpillbooknerd »

Great review! I cannot wait to read this book! It sounds like something that would be right up my alley and after reading the review I'm even more excited to delve into it!
DorcasToo
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 207
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorcastoo.html
Latest Review: Tidal Pools by Robert Marier

Post by DorcasToo »

I like crime thrillers but I pass on this one. I don't really like revenge but maybe I will read it in future. Thanks for the great review.
Nmesoma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nmesoma.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Nmesoma »

I love the story background; being in the mind of a serial killer is something anyone will want. Mostly we're guided through the mind of the good guys, it'd be great to get a tour of a story through the mind of an ugly character. I loved reading the review :tiphat:
Kendra M Parker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 421
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendra-m-parker.html
Latest Review: Requiem, Changing Times by RJ Parker
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Kendra M Parker »

This certainly sounds like quite the thriller. It is good to know that it can stand alone. I worried about that when I saw the title.
melissy370
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissy370.html
Latest Review: Home To Kentucky by Thomas A. McCoy
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by melissy370 »

Definitely not the book for me. Knowing the thoughts of a serial killer is creepy to me and more information than I need to know. Thanks for the review.
rave_2
Currently Reading: A Word so Fitly Spoken
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rave-2.html
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Post by rave_2 »

I think it is somewhat interesting to know what a serial killer's thoughts and intentions are, not really their plans. Based on your review, I might give this book a read. Great review!
Just reading... :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-studyinggray:
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg
Nancy Njoku2
Favorite Book: Serial K Returns
Currently Reading: The Warramunga's War
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Nancy Njoku2 »

Re: Official Review: Serial K Returns by Brian Gallagher

Awesome cover, quite creepy and may seem scary.
Sounds interesting knowing the mind of a serial killer.
Nice Review.
Cdeyoungde
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 405
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cdeyoungde.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Cdeyoungde »

Aubrey Cana Laine wrote: 15 Jan 2018, 09:47 All in all, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. There were very little typos, and the story flowed rather well for a thriller genre. I especially liked the ending of the book because it showed that there are reasons, no matter how skewed they may be, behind every intention. A fair warning, though: this book is not for the softest of hearts due to the detailed descriptions of gore. However, I am definitely recommending this to those who love thrillers and crime/mystery.
I do enjoy a good thriller, but lately I have been squeamish about detailed descriptions of gore. I'm not sure if my stomach could handle it, so I really appreciate your warning about this one. Thanks for your review.
Attitude is the paintbrush with which we color our lives :lol2:
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Rosebella
Favorite Author: J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison
Favorite Book: Queen takes Queen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 262
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosebella.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare
fav_author_id: 96867

Post by Rosebella »

I love murder mysteries and I have long been intrigued by serial killers. How a innocent little child, through various life events morphs into a killer. This book is a must read, though fictional the story will help understand this set of criminals. Thank you for the review. :techie-studyingbrown:
Books are a uniquely portable magic.
–Stephen King

There is no friend as loyal as a book.
–Ernest Hemingway

Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.
–Mason Cooley
:tiphat: :techie-studyingbrown: :D
SMN63
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by SMN63 »

I enjoy the short, clear and precise official reiew by Aubrey Cana Laine.
The coming of Serial K Returns motivates me to decide to read this later version as it reveals everything that the reader needs without reading the Serial Killer book.
In the Serial K Returns, Craig Breedlove, the same character and surviving agonised young hero in S Killer, re emerged in Serial K Returns, but this time around, he is all out for vengeance!
He and the other boys were victims of priest molestations. So, while their lives were ruined due to traumatic experiences, Craig now takes a new identity and sets to avenge for the situation they were put into by the action of the priests.
However, in a counter move, two FBI agents, Ryan and Pucci try to uncover the mystery behind the rampant killings.
The battlle is drawn!
In the book the athor reveal a murderer's mind and how it works. It also gives insight into how the young mind could be transformed into violent terroristic adult.
The book is a good read.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”