Official Review: Busted by Michele I. Khoury

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Surabhi Rani
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 1902
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-surabhi-rani.html
Latest Review: How To Decorate Cookies With Your Kids in an Afternoon by Micah Rhodes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Official Review: Busted by Michele I. Khoury

Post by Surabhi Rani »

In the 'Official Review: Busted by Michele I. Khoury, the reviewer excels in describing the characters of the story as well as appreciating the author for doing a lot of research and interviewing a lot of people before writing the book. Also, the rating given to the book is accurate!
Sumbule1
Currently Reading: The Five Musketeers
Bookshelf Size: 137
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sumbule1.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Post by Sumbule1 »

This crime thriller is full of action, great characters, drugs, suspense, and a little bit of romance.I recommend the book for all level of readers.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3038
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Kibet Hillary »

The story is good. I can only sympathize with Gina. It seems that Miguel will stop at until he gets what he wants. What was the end result of their relationship? I will have to read this.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
kemp1kor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kemp1kor.html
Latest Review: Temptation Trials Revolution by B. Truly
Reading Device: B00GNKRFEA

Post by kemp1kor »

While crime thrillers aren’t a genre I often enjoy, I like that this one seemed to be well-researched. Realistic scenes really help bring a story to life.
Shas F
Currently Reading: Monsters in the Hallway
Bookshelf Size: 255
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shas-f.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by Shas F »

Busted by Michele I. Khoury gives us a snap of American life when the recession hit in 2008. It focuses on characters who get drawn into the whirlwind of the drug trade as many middle-class Americans struggle to keep their homes and jobs and pay their bills. Gina McKenna, a twentyish promising painter, is one of them. The story is set to the pace of a crime drama, suspense and thriller. According to reviewer LG_99, it offers a lot of twists and turns that every crime thriller reader loves and that's good news. I'm glad to learn from LG_99 that characters try to outsmart and outmaneuver each other, laying traps along the way. This is going to be a fun read! Moreso, because the characters are relatable, realistically drawn and have flaws and behaviors one would expect in people in the situations depicted by Khoury. I'm also glad that while Khoury touches on issues regarding the drug trade and the idea of legalizing drug use, the author is careful to write in the observant and the objective tone and not in the biased and judgmental one. What will happen to Gina after she discovers that the man she's drawn to is linked to the drug trade? What will happen to special agent Bobby Garcia in his quest to bring down drug traffickers in the US? The Amazon sample of the book introduces us to the main characters of the book and sets up the story for the exciting chapters ahead. The book, set in contemporary times, promises a pulse-pounding and relevant read at the same time.
grace8031
Currently Reading: Rats on the train
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace8031.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by grace8031 »

wow great review the flow is perfect making everyone want to read the novel. can't wait to try it.
TheTrueNyree
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thetruenyree.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by TheTrueNyree »

I enjoyed the review, it makes the book sound very exciting. The review stated, "The characters, main and secondary, were amazing in every possible way. They had flaws and strengths like everyone else, which made them look real and relatable. I loved the heroes and hated the villains, but sometimes, I hated the heroes and kind of liked the villains. These characters caused a whirlwind of emotions within me, both positive and negative, and I enjoyed feeling that way because it meant that I actually cared about them." I loved hearing this about the book. I love books that get you involved in the story, not just looking from the outside but are transported in the story. Definitely sounds like a good read.
ShailaSheshadri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shailasheshadri.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by ShailaSheshadri »

The reviewer said that the novel Busted by Michele I. Khoury is a complete story that has romance, crime, court scene, drugs, etc. in its plot. This is the kind of a story that remains in your memory forever. The book is properly edited. As the storyline includes violent scenes and some sexual acts, this book is not recommended for the children. All other readers will surely enjoy reading this.
Mely918
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mely918.html
Latest Review: I'm Going to Kill that Cat by F. Della Notte

Post by Mely918 »

This book seems like a very wonderful read! I love a good mystery novel, and I especially like it when an author takes the time to fully develop each of their characters. It's good that Khoury did not fall into the trap of only developing the main characters and not the villains. It's also good that the characters grow as the book progresses. I'm glad that the author did her research before writing this book, and it evidently shows how meticulous she was about every detail. Perhaps the unethical issue you had was intentionally placed to riled the readers. Thank you so much for such an insightful review!
oge123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oge123.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Post by oge123 »

I enjoy reading a book that will make me glued to it and be filled by just reading it. This book is exhilarating. The review is great.
Samy Lax
Currently Reading: 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samy-lax.html
Latest Review: Chats with God in Underwear by Eduardo Chapunoff

Post by Samy Lax »

I am so happy with the character development in this book. The mix of romance and courthouse drama itself is commendable.
“...in principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.”
― Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
Miercoles
Favorite Book: The Prize
Currently Reading: The Second Eve
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miercoles.html
Latest Review: Business Basics BootCamp by Mitche Graf

Post by Miercoles »

I enjoyed your review. This novel really flows well, and I would love to see what ultimately happens to Gina. It also shares some realities about the drug trade which is all around us. This should be an interesting read.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

Your elaborate review gives good information about the storyline in this book, which revolves around the 3 main characters,and in that the protagonist Gina McKenna life seems to be important.The encounters between special agent Bobby Garcia and antagonist Miguel, a drug tycoon, seems to be central core around which the story revolves.This should be a thrilling story of crime busting.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
Harzelryan
Favorite Book: The Hand Bringer
Currently Reading: A Kingdom's Cost
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harzelryan.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Harzelryan »

Wow this is an interesting review thanks for it. The story is captivating with a different approach where the characters are looking for a way to outsmart each other by setting up a trap. It is a really interesting story.
Ravinder+Kaur
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ravinder-kaur.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann
Reading Device: Kindle

Post by Ravinder+Kaur »

Thanks for the thorough and insightful review. I sampled the book too and found it captivating. Though crime thrillers are not my cup of tea, still I enjoyed the author's writing style, the development of the characters and the engaging plot.
Congrats for being BOTD.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”