What do you make of the book title?

Use this forum to discuss the October 2020 Book of the month, "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.
Wekesa Namuyonga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wekesa-namuyonga.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Re: What do you make of the book title?

Post by Wekesa Namuyonga »

The title we ate voulhire soot in perfectly. It clearly introduces the reader to voulhire kingdom, the people in it, her leadership and the problems they are facing.
DANAWEB
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danaweb.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by DANAWEB »

In my opinion, It was a bit like they were anticipating his arrival to the Voulhire kingdom. His uncle did say in his letter addressed to Galen that there awaits a greater destiny to Galen than just inherit his business. Therefore, I believe unbeknown to Galen, there were some kind of a invisible force awaiting his arrival.
Fozia RYK
Currently Reading: Scalpels Out
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by Fozia RYK »

It very well may be a corresponding to the incredible individuals and culture of Voulhirian culture, since Galen isn't just showing up in another land, but on the other hand is showing up in another culture among new individuals. The skies could likewise be a corresponding to the potential outcomes and openings the Kingdom of Voulhire presents - immense and delightful.
Spani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spani.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Spani »

I found the title befitting of the book. The new arrival signified the arrival of
Galen, and the great skies represent Voulhire
Ndiviwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndiviwe.html
Latest Review: Money Faucet by Joe Calderwood

Post by Ndiviwe »

I think the title of the book suits well. It tells the reader a foreigner, Galen, will arrive in a prosperous land, Voulhire, and he will explore it and become integrated into the society or have difficulty fitting in.
Gift Olubankole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-giftabbie.html
Latest Review: The Trafficking Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Gift Olubankole »

Honestly, seeing the name of the book the first time I was definitely lost as to what it could possibly mean. Also, the title is quite long but I guess it did its bit.
Sue_neth_ak
Favorite Book: Angels & Demons
Currently Reading: Wilderness Cry
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sue-neth-ak.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sue_neth_ak »

"We are Voulhire," is used as the title of the series maybe because apart from signifying unity, it gives the citzens a sense of belonging. For Galen, the sky above Voulhire felt new in the sense of getting to escape the Land of the Princes to start over, a new beginning. I often came across the dialogue, "We are Voulhire," even inside the book, which was used casually and I guess it confirmed my doubts. It serves as a catch phrase apart from giving the characters a place where they belong.
Vivian Jabeya
Favorite Book: Tales of the Seventies
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-jabeya.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Vivian Jabeya »

The title of the book piqued my interest. The first thing I did after seeing it was googling the word Voulhire.
Chizioboli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chizioboli.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is Not What You Think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Chizioboli »

Exactly the question I asked. How could they be termed new arrivals when they've been there all the while? The book's title at first seemed right. Maybe the author decided this, so as to keep the reader intrigued and try to find out how they were new arrivals.
Praise GodWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-godword.html
Latest Review: Retirement Planning by William C. Evergreen

Post by Praise GodWord »

When I think of the title, the only thing that springs up in my mind is Galen. He is the new arrival in the land of the princes.
EReid
Currently Reading: Dune Novel
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ereid.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by EReid »

I personally like shorter book titles, but other than that, I liked how the title set the stage for the story. Our MC is a new arrival in a strange land.
I wish you a kinder sea --Emily Dickinson
Olgamiell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olgamiell.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire by Matthew Tysz

Post by Olgamiell »

I loved the title, and I think it sounds really catchy. In my opinion, it fits perfectly, as Galen was really excited by his arrival to the new, better land. There were also references to these "great skies of Voulhire" throughout the book. I enjoyed that the phrase was repeated at least in a couple of chapters.
Uche B
Currently Reading: China rich girlfriend
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-b.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Uche B »

luchi123 wrote: 30 Oct 2020, 09:55 While I read the book, I kept trying to relate the plot with its title ' A New Arrival under Great Skies'. I assumed that the people of Voulhire were in existence before Galen's trip to the land, which was the beginning of the story. Why then do you think they called themselves a new arrival under great skies?
In the book, Galen arrives newly, as an immigrant in Voulhire, a great kingdom. Thus, the "new arrival" is Galen, and the "great skies" refers to the skies of Voulhire.
"Life is more than unpainted fences" - Nomnso Mordi.
Shieldmaiden88
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shieldmaiden88.html
Latest Review: The Blue Rose by LaVonne Thompson

Post by Shieldmaiden88 »

It sounds very metaphoric. Galen is a new arrival. Great skies could mean a lot of things. It doesn't have to be literal in the sense of say, Montana being called Big Sky because you can see the stars so well, but it could refer to opportunities, along the lines of "the sky is the limit."
Cassie_Megan
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cassie-megan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Cassie_Megan »

The book often changes points of view between Galen, Lord Eldus, action scenes in Voulhire, etc. So I think that "We are Voulhire" is about everyone, it is to create unity between Galen, who is new to the country, and the people living there. "A new arrival under great skies" is about Galen's arrival in Voulhire since the kingdom is described as great and in a golden age.

Return to “Discuss "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" By Matthew Tysz”