Do you think Galen and Lord Meldorath will meet each other?

Use this forum to discuss the October 2020 Book of the month, "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.
twinkle09
Currently Reading: Tactile Therapy: Volume One
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-twinkle09.html
Latest Review: When Life Doesn't Turn Out the Way We Hoped It Would? Volume 1 by Tom Wick

Re: Do you think Galen and Lord Meldorath will meet each other?

Post by twinkle09 »

I think they will definitely meet and Galen is going to become a person with stronger presence in the next books. This book ends with Lord Meldorath coming back to power but it also shows how Galen has fallen in love with this new kingdom and enjoys his friendship with others and how he is willing to do everything in his power to help them.
Dominik_G
Currently Reading: Secret Window
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominik-g.html
Latest Review: A Long Dark Rainbow by Michael Tappenden

Post by Dominik_G »

I have only read the first book of the series so I'm yet to see what happens but I do think that Galen and Lord Meldorath will meet. In fact, I believe it will be a very important part of the overall story.
Kolisa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kolisa.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by Kolisa »

I sure hope so. The two seem to be set on opposite sides. Galen meeting Meldorath will be the ultimate climax for me. Yes, I hope they meet.
strange07
Currently Reading: Tomboy
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strange07.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by strange07 »

Yes, I have a hunch that they will eventually meet. It would be exciting to read those parts.
TycheEuro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by TycheEuro »

I think somehow, the will. Fallen has a greater role here, depending on how things move in the series they have to clash in some way.
Samgum50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samgum50.html
Latest Review: Divided World by Kenneth Pickering

Post by Samgum50 »

Given the sequence of events in this book, I'm pretty sure they'll meet in the future books. It'll probably be a showdown between good (Galen) and evil (Lord Meldorath).
Dark_Chase
Favorite Book: The Alchemist
Currently Reading: Nightlord: Sunset
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dark-chase.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Dark_Chase »

I think they are bound to meet each other. Why? Because the first book is laying down the grounds for them to meet. The book begins with a scene from the brutality of Lord Meldorath. And the first chapter is about Galen and the land of princes. I believe that Galen and Meldorath are going to be staged as defenders of cosmos and caromentis simultaneously.
Solus
Favorite Book: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-solus.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Solus »

Yes. I believe that is where this is leading up to. It is something to look forward to. Although, who knows? Perhaps the author will surprise us with a different twist.
Valkyrie9
Currently Reading: the love letter
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valkyrie9.html
Latest Review: From a burned charcoal, a diamond is born by Carlos Bonilla

Post by Valkyrie9 »

You are right that there are many characters in this book. I think many will never cross paths, but they are still vital to telling the story.

I am absolutely certain that Galen and Lord Meldorath will meet, and I am sure that Galen will play a crucial role in finally defeating Lord Meldorath.
"Doors are for people with no imagination." Skulduggery Pleasant, Derek Landy :idea:
Myshara Herbert-McMyn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mysharal.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Myshara Herbert-McMyn »

Thank you for asking this question! I hadn't thought about it while reading the book.

As someone who has only read the first book, I assume that all of the main point-of-view characters are going to come into contact with each other throughout the rest of the series. I can see a meeting between Galen and Lord Meldorath as a major conflict in the later parts of the series - however, I think Galen has a ton of character development to do before then and we as readers need to get to know Lord Meldorath as a character instead of a rumour.
Bibliogn0st
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bibliogn0st.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B07Q3T2RZF

Post by Bibliogn0st »

Yes I think Galen and Lord Meldorath will have an epic encounter, I mean, at least that's what I want. Galen is the protagonist and Lord Meldorath is the antagonist so naturally they will have to meet. The question is when will the meet.
cydnas
Currently Reading: The Raven and other poems
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cydnas.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by cydnas »

I think they will eventually meet! It will be intense and thrilling. I can't wait to see what's in store for these two characters.
namuyong
Currently Reading: Primal Encounter
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by namuyong »

I definitely think that at some point during this book series both of these characters will meet. Maybe in a battle between good and evil. It's inevitable that their paths shall cross.
kimoy13
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimoy13.html
Latest Review: The Trafficking Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by kimoy13 »

Of course they will meet! It is almost as if they are destined to meet. :D Based on Tysz's plot, these two characters seem to have a lot in common and a lot of mutual acquaintances.

It will be interesting to see whether they accept the fact that they are more similar than different and if they would eventually end on on the same side i.e. to protect Voulhire from external threats.

I must say that this series is one of the very best that I have read this far. Although there are many characters, as the books progress, links are established among them. They all seem to be connected and what's even better is the fact that these connections are not forced. They occur naturally. The writing is on point. :D
Victoria Baadom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-baadom.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Victoria Baadom »

Of course. They must. As far as i am concerned, these prople are the two main characters in the book. Although the series is about the country of Voulhire and the events that happens in its cities, there is no denying the fact that I the story told revolves around these two characters in some way.

I would have said that Galen meeting Meldorath can be likened to Harry Potter meeting He who must not be named, but I can't say for sure if Meldorath is really as evil as we perceive him to be - time will tell. The one thing that I am sure of is that these two will surely meeting somewhere sometime in the series.

Return to “Discuss "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" By Matthew Tysz”