Inheritance! What About It?

Use this forum to discuss the October 2020 Book of the month, "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.
Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olomofe.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Re: Inheritance! What About It?

Post by Olomofe »

Inheritance should be shared after the death of the owner, though. Telling him beforehand would not be an option
kensgarment odogwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kensgarment-odogwu.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by kensgarment odogwu »

Personally, the issue of inheritance can make some people so lazy since they know that they have a fortune somewhere. I prefer the issue of inheritance should not be discussed especially with the person who is to inherit it. A will can be written by the owner of the property and left in the hands of a competent executor.
Mayang Bature
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 289
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayang-bature.html
Latest Review: Hot Potato by Marty Katz

Post by Mayang Bature »

Galen's uncle was banished. I don't know why yet but I think the rest of the family didn't want anything to do with him. That's probably why they didn't even bring up the topic. It's possible that they didn't even know of his wealth seeing as their own country was a war torn one.
Jay David Randall
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-david-randall.html
Latest Review: Scrooge's Folly - Saving Jacob Marley by David Jay Weinberg

Post by Jay David Randall »

The onita wealth wasn't Galen's inherited possession because he was due to have it but it was his because he got lucky.
"Keep your face always toward the sunshine, and shadows will fall behind you."Walt Whitman :tiphat:
SoledadCanaria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soledadcanaria.html
Latest Review: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream by Dr Frank L Douglas

Post by SoledadCanaria »

It can be a good idea for families to discuss inheritance while they are still alive. By doing so, families can ensure that their assets are distributed according to their wishes and can avoid potential conflicts or misunderstandings among family members after their passing. This is the case here.
Odindi Omo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odindi-omo.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Odindi Omo »

I feel Galen uncle would ha found him sooner if he knew about his existence sooner. Also, when death seem to be looming is when people consider what might happen to their properties after they're gone.
Fentymak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fentymak.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Fentymak »

The whole process of the inheritance went smoothly. Galen deserves it, it's his uncle after all.
Fentymak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fentymak.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Fentymak »

The whole process of the inheritance went smoothly. Galen deserves it, it's his uncle after all.
Ogechi Okonkwo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogechi-okonkwo.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr

Post by Ogechi Okonkwo »

I feel like everything happens for a reason, and for it to take that long before Galen got his uncle's inheritance, there must have been a reason behind it. It may be due to family problems.
LS Daniyal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ls-daniyal.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by LS Daniyal »

I think it is important to discuss inheritance before death, death is inevitable. It's discussion will prevent unnecessary confusions.

As for Galen's uncle, he didn't even know about Galen until he was close to death so that's understandable.
Today's me is better than yesterday's me.
Valentine Maina 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Valentine Maina 2 »

I think it is great Onita issued his fortune to Galen. Galen should take the fortune then it is left idle in the hands of property neighbors who don't need nor treasure it. I think it's wise for all of us to mind who can be inheriting our properties once we will die
Adekeye Hassan musab
Currently Reading: My Other Half
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adekeye-hassan-musab.html
Latest Review: The White Coat Effect by L.B. Wells

Post by Adekeye Hassan musab »

Joseph_ngaruiya wrote: 01 Oct 2020, 00:26 Squabbling over inheritance isn’t welcoming, and so is discussing it with the people you love. It is almost implying that they are going to die. Should Galen’s uncle have told him about the inheritance before his demise? Should inheritance be a topic raised by families while they are still alive? Could it have been easier to track down Galen if he had known of his inheritance in the years before his uncle died?
That's the main reason they should be discussed every time as death is just part of the cycle of life. Even if you do not discuss it, it will surely still happen. Galen would have loved the company of his uncle more if he were still alive. I would slightly blame his uncle for not looking for him before his death despite knowing the situations of the land of the lullabies
BenjaminFrank
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-benjaminfrank.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by BenjaminFrank »

Cynthia Olyy wrote: 02 Oct 2020, 00:46 What better could be expected from a lonely man like Galen's uncle? The most important thing is that he found a way to connect him to his inheritance. As a matter of fact, inheritance should be something discussed after the demise of the actual occupier.
I may not totally agree with this, except in case where the occupier while alive did not declare his inheritor then discussions can take place.
The truest honor to late family or friends is to accept their last wishes when they were alive.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Prodigy5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prodigy5.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Prodigy5 »

In the book, Galen's uncle, a hard-working but lonely man left all of his wealth to his nephew to inherit in other to better himself.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Timbria & The Magical Meadow by K. Cupp

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

I think this is all about understanding.
Most people fail to understand that it is necessary to pass such vital information so that in their demise depending on your origin, it won't be a source of confusion.

Return to “Discuss "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" By Matthew Tysz”