Overall rating and opinion of " We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" By Matthew Tysz.

Use this forum to discuss the October 2020 Book of the month, "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.
Mandy Males Cole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 171
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mandy-males-cole.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Re: Overall rating and opinion of " We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" By Matthew Tysz.

Post by Mandy Males Cole »

As a fan of fantasy epics, I thoroughly enjoyed this first installment and look forward to reading the rest of the series. Tysz is able to seamlessly switch from Galen's first-person perspective to the third-person views of the other major characters. I've already recommended it to two family members!
Pinning_RJ
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinning-rj.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Pinning_RJ »

The very first thing that I liked was multiple point of views. Another thing was that multiple stories and plots, however small, were taking place. So many characters were introduced. All these made this book very interesting!
Deval Sodha
Currently Reading: Surviving the Business of Healthcare
Bookshelf Size: 372
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deval-sodha.html
Latest Review: Speaks for Itself by Jeffrey Paul Bailey.

Post by Deval Sodha »

This is really a super intresting book. I liked the writing style of the author the most. He penned all the scenes very brilliantly and described the characters amazingly.
I will definitely recommend this book to all.
Nikhila Kulkarni
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading: The DrugTech Trilogy
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikhila-kulkarni.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Nikhila Kulkarni »

I enjoyed reading this book and I rated it 4 out of 4 stars. The thing I liked the most about this book was the character development. Each character in the book is well thought and given justice. I would recommend this book to every fiction and fantasy lover.
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Post by Mtibza eM »

I love that it is an introductory book in the series. It wafts us into this kingdom of Voulhire. We get to meet people like the king, and his Maidus. I also loved how it opened with a bang! It was action from the beginning new pages so I was gripped and curious to know more about this brave character named Meldorath.
salvo_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salvo.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by salvo_ »

I think the book has a lot of potential. Many interesting characters and an extensive plot which I can imagine unfolding in an epic way. I really enjoyed it.
Amber_joslyn
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amber-joslyn.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Amber_joslyn »

I gave this book a 2 out of 4 stars. I think it was a good book, but I wish it had been more focused on Galen. I felt the story was tossed around to too many characters and it took away from the overall introductory story of Galen.
Samsam97
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samsam97.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Samsam97 »

I was very impressed with this novel, and it definitely gave me medieval fantasy vibes, which I love. I also really enjoy when fantasy novels jumps between many different people's POV; it's an efficient way in adding world building to a world that is completely new to the reader. One thing that did bother me was how many short (one sentence) paragraphs there were. Maybe I'm just a picky reader, but that kind of structure really distracts me and takes me away from the story. Also, there was a lot of telling instead of showing.
DANAWEB
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danaweb.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by DANAWEB »

memalescole75 wrote: 29 Nov 2020, 11:43 As a fan of fantasy epics, I thoroughly enjoyed this first installment and look forward to reading the rest of the series. Tysz is able to seamlessly switch from Galen's first-person perspective to the third-person views of the other major characters. I've already recommended it to two family members!
I eco your opinion. Tysz was able to change to first person narrative to third person narrative effortlessly..I found it confusing at the start of the novel.however, got used to it as the story is going on.Looking forward to read the next installment.
DANAWEB

Post by DANAWEB »

Amber_joslyn wrote: 01 Dec 2020, 21:47 I gave this book a 2 out of 4 stars. I think it was a good book, but I wish it had been more focused on Galen. I felt the story was tossed around to too many characters and it took away from the overall introductory story of Galen.
I agree with your opinion. I believe the author wanted to provide background information about many
Characters and events in order to have a continuation.I believe many characters will prominently feature in the reminder of the series..
MajestyBooky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-majestybooky.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by MajestyBooky »

I would give it 4 out 4 stars. Greater execution and delivery. Great plotline. Awesome characters, who are well rounded. I felt like there was a character for every kind of audience.
Lost Souls world
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lost-souls-world.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Lost Souls world »

I liked reading the book. I want to give it three out of four stars. It has lots of fantasy and magic in it, but there are some things in the book that don't make sense. The changing of pov is sudden and It was difficult to know in whose contrast the things are said.
Iris Marsh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iris-marsh.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Iris Marsh »

I give this book a 4 out of 4; it's a great introduction to a larger series. I really enjoyed the style of writing and I love the world-building. And even though the book switched quite often between characters, they all had their own personality and felt very much alive. That's a pretty impressive feat.
Wekesa Namuyonga
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wekesa-namuyonga.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Wekesa Namuyonga »

the storyline and plot of the book great. The characters fit in perfect and the fact that this book does not contain any errors a 4 out of 4 stars rating will be worth
DANAWEB

Post by DANAWEB »

In my opinion Galen's role in this first sequel is limited somewhat. Are there fellow reviewers who has read the following sequels in this series? How is Galen's character panning out? :D

Return to “Discuss "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" By Matthew Tysz”