Take responsability and relax.

Use this forum to discuss the August 2020 Book of the month, " Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD.
FaithMO19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithmo19.html
Latest Review: Final Diagnosis by J. T. Madicus

Re: Take responsability and relax.

Post by FaithMO19 »

Ever since I decided to take full responsibility for every decision I make and the corresponding outcomes, I have found that my life became better. I agree with the author on this one.
Amy Murdoch Coleman
Favorite Book: Circe
Currently Reading: Hannah's War
Bookshelf Size: 6988
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-murdoch-coleman.html
Latest Review: Caretaker by George Farrell

Post by Amy Murdoch Coleman »

I think that it's particularly interesting that the author promotes taking full responsibility for your actions in any given situation. Even when anxiety and stress are self-inflicted or medically related, there is no one that can really be blamed for the results except yourself, though 'blame' is a word that isn't really appropriate for context.
Lucille27
Favorite Book: The Haunting of the Hill House
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucille27.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Lucille27 »

I think I agree but I would still manage to say that, even when you take full responsibility of your acts, there are some things that escape from your control. That is not wrong, but we should start training how we react to this, and this is precisely the key. However, caring and a good support system are key. We should be held responsible for our lives, yet we should have others who help us to get through it. Life is a nice thing when in good company.
Sonya Nicolaidis
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading: The Dark Web Murders
Bookshelf Size: 403
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonya-nicolaidis.html
Latest Review: My Delightfully Dysfunctional Family by Loraine Hartley

Post by Sonya Nicolaidis »

In assuming responsibility, you also assume a sense of control over the situation. It's as if by taking responsibility you are also assuming you can change it and this is very empowering. In itself, this belief goes a long way towards reducing stress. I can't help thinking of the Serenity prayer which says, "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference."
MariaLivaniou
Favorite Author: Cassandra Clare
Favorite Book: City of Bones
Currently Reading: Captive Prince
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robinbennet.html
Latest Review: Shifting Sands by Barry Litherland
fav_author_id: 2912

Post by MariaLivaniou »

In order to live a happy and balanced life one should definitely take responsibility for his actions good or bad. The bottom line of this is to know yourself, and not to hide from your mistakes or failors. A lot of people especialy in our days have learned how to cover themselfs and how to put on masks so everything looks perfect. That alone is a major cause of anxiety and stress, people suffocate themselfs in their fake lives and perfect worlds, uterly ashamed of their real ones. The minute you stop being real you put yourself in a cage. when you stop blaming other for your mistakes when you finaly start taking responsibility of your own life thats when you really start living.
Menace Crypto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonny2208.html
Latest Review: Pandemic (The U.S. Pandemic in India) by Dieter Gartelmann

Post by Menace Crypto »

Taking responsibility definitely helps in life. I've always said, "no matter what your actions are, whether positive or negative, be man enough to own up to them and accept responsibility". Once this is done, you can move to the stage of doing better and making up for any thing you've done.
SarahShebl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahshebl.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by SarahShebl »

I strongly agree with the author on this. I believe that when someone takes responsibility for his/her own life and problems, they know what has to be done. This feeling relieves the stress of not knowing what the future holds.
edztan15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edztan15.html
Latest Review: Sex Business Tokyo by Alta Eva Bourne

Post by edztan15 »

Taking full responsibility means accepting the outcome and consequences of one's actions. Acceptance means you are at peace with whatever the outcome will be, may it be negative or positive. I think anxiety is somehow rooted from "not knowing" things, and acceptance is "knowing" things, so I agree that taking responsibility could reduce anxiety.
dianaterrado
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 152
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dianaterrado.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by dianaterrado »

mpsmaster wrote: 08 Aug 2020, 06:53 The author encourage the reader to take full responsability for his life as a means for balance and anxiety relief. What are your thoughts on that topic? Do you know good exemplos that prove the advantage of this step? Have you take it in some areas of your life?
I think that the idea of taking full responsibility for someone's life is something everyone should aspire to. I think most of our problems stem from not taking responsibility and blaming our own faults and problems to other people.
"We should all have something to be weirdly passionate about."
zeus_dy15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zeus-dy15.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by zeus_dy15 »

Taking responsibility is actually easier said than done. It may be hard but it is also important to not make excuses when you've done something that heavily affected other people. It is better own up your mistakes and find a solution so that one can be relieved from anxiety.
Mr_Dark
Currently Reading: Preppers Medical Handbook
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Mr_Dark »

I agree with the author. Taking responsibility should be the goal of everyone's life. It brings order into our lives and relieves us from problems like anxiety as well.
Erandi Ekanayake
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erandi-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Erandi Ekanayake »

Nonny2208 wrote: 20 Sep 2020, 04:43 Taking responsibility definitely helps in life. I've always said, "no matter what your actions are, whether positive or negative, be man enough to own up to them and accept responsibility". Once this is done, you can move to the stage of doing better and making up for any thing you've done.
It is a valuable statement and worthy to keep always in the mind. We must take the responsibility for what we have done in the past and should be strong to bear up the consequences of our future plans. It releases the anxiety in ourselves, so I definitely agree with the author on this regard.
Laura Mich
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-mich.html
Latest Review: A Woman's Rise To Courage by Birgit T Klare

Post by Laura Mich »

I think we all have our own insecurities and weaknesses. If we can own them and seek the most effective remedy, we can balance our life.
moonopam
Currently Reading: Four Kittens in the Bathroom
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moonopam.html
Latest Review: Do I Need a Will or a Trust by Taylor Willingham

Post by moonopam »

:drool: Just relaxing around the pool, taking a walk in our local township and seeing new sights tend to relax me. I forget about what is stressing me and I will be thinking more clearly. By the time I get back home I will be calm and relaxed.
RHD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhd.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by RHD »

This is so true. Nowadays people always have an excuse. Most have something or someone to blame. They say acceptance is the last stage. Unfortunately, people arrive at that stage when it's late.

Return to “Discuss "Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD”