Most Effective Remedy

Use this forum to discuss the August 2020 Book of the month, " Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD.
Jennifer Aldo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-aldo.html
Latest Review: War Tower by Joseph Leo DeCelle

Re: Most Effective Remedy

Post by Jennifer Aldo »

Sleeping. Not just short naps, deep sleep with the AC on, me under the duvet with dim lights and soft music in the background. It works for me everytime.
SunVixen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunvixen.html
Latest Review: Tau Ceti: A Ship from Earth by George T. Hahn

Post by SunVixen »

My stress management techniques are usually reading, drawing (I love drawing) and herbal teas. Perhaps I have not yet experienced the real stress that requires medication.
NadaGa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nadaga.html
Latest Review: Awakening by Tayma Tameem

Post by NadaGa »

To have an effective morning, especially to calm oneself for an important day. It’s good to start off with a cup of chamomile tea, which is much better than coffee. Following that, is any form of exercise, personally I enjoy cardio as it directs my energy and focus into something else.
Bisqwik
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bisqwik.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Bisqwik »

I find simple labor, like cleaning your home or doing repetitive tasks that don't require much thought to be the most helpful. It gets meditative for me at least, and sometimes a little disconnect is good. Always make sure you take time to address your needs as well.
zainherb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zainherb.html
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel

Post by zainherb »

Howlan wrote: 01 Aug 2020, 00:18 Among all the numerous therapies mentioned in this book, which remedy do you find the most effective?

Personally, for me, I feel that exercise especially running helps a lot to reduce anxiety and stress.
Absolutely!
Exercise like walking, jogging or yoga, works amazingly well for me.

Breathing and positive affirmations also work well for me especially with exam stress and anxiety.
:techie-reference:
Latest Review: Legacy by Chris Coppel
Samana95
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samana95.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Samana95 »

Exercising is very good for stimulating the mind and body to focus on something else. Meditation is not bad either but it causes me to worry more, so this is for people with a focused mind. But there a loss of effective remedies, find the one that works.
Monishka Sharma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monishka-sharma.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Monishka Sharma »

For me meditation and exercise are the best. Sometimes when I am too anxious to meditate, i excercise. It can be running or other forms too.
Julie Petitbon
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Favorite Book: The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1)
Currently Reading: Becoming Michele Obama
Bookshelf Size: 699
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-petitbon.html
Latest Review: Sophia Violet and the Fiery Orb by Evangeline Greene
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by Julie Petitbon »

Exercise and meditating are definitely helpful for me. They are great ways to relax and change my focus. I've been doing yoga a lot lately too and am loving it.
Sarah Schmidt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Vine Witch
Bookshelf Size: 271
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-schmidt.html
Latest Review: First Survivor by Mark Unger

Post by Sarah Schmidt »

I found the yoga and the meditation most relatable. These are things that I know work for me. The jogging and the other exercise would come in a close second. All of this I normally do when listening to some soothing music.
PeterRabitt20
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Verity
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterrabitt20.html
Latest Review: The Power Of Our Inner Gremlins by Suzanne Daplyn

Post by PeterRabitt20 »

There were a few remedies that I found effective. I liked the aromatherapy, exercising, and eating right.
B Sheila Holt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: One Christmas Eve
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b-sheila-holt.html
Latest Review: Open Heart by Akil Taher

Post by B Sheila Holt »

For myself, I use various methods to reduce or eliminate my stress, depending on the cause of it and the severity at any given moment. I have to evaluate each round of stress or anxious period as it happens so I can find a solution to calm myself down or remove myself from the stressors.

Methods that work for me; depending on the problem at the moment are: meditation/prayer, soft, slow, gentle music, coloring and sometimes using actual media such as, crayons or colored pencils. Other ways that have calmed me, have been getting away to a quite space with my dog, taking a nap in a nice quite, cool room, reading a sweet, happy book or some inspirational books online or reading my Bible.

There are many ways stress can be reduced and sometimes may be prevented. If we can be mindful of our lives and watch our surroundings, sometimes some problems may be averted before they cause to much anxiety or stress.
Danelle Cale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3514
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danelle-cale.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Danelle Cale »

I have always been able to deal with stress and anxiety by centering myself and focusing on one thing at a time. However, I don't deal with stress or anxiety on a regular basis like some. My daughter has had issues with stress, anxiety and depression since she was young, which are side effects of thyroid and Hoshimoto's diseases. As a child she took St John's Wort, my choice of treatment for her as a child, and that seemed to help. I also made sure she got a lot of exercise, ate healthy, and tried to reassure her when she felt anxious. As an adult she uses CBD oil, exercises regularly, and has managed it well.
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

For me, it was physical exercise and Ashwagandha. Both of these things reduce anxiety appreciably and without any side-effects. While Ashwagandha takes a few days to show it's results, exercise takes only a few minutes.
Maggie Johnson 2
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggie-johnson-2.html
Latest Review: Graham's Folly by Miguel Gutierrez

Post by Maggie Johnson 2 »

Exercise is one of the most helpful for me. Chamomile tea is also great at helping me relax in the evenings.
Simmons32
Currently Reading: Cengage Advantage Books
Bookshelf Size: 673
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simmons32.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Simmons32 »

Meditation and breathing exercises help me. I use an app called Abide which focuses the meditations on God. Teas are also helpful for me, and just simply distracting myself.

Return to “Discuss "Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD”