Overall rating and opinion of " Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Use this forum to discuss the August 2020 Book of the month, " Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD.
kparikh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kparikh.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Re: Overall rating and opinion of " Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by kparikh »

For people who are interested in natural relief, it was good. If you have no interest I wouldn't recommend reading it. He was very straight forward and to the point which I appreciated and clearly and concisely spoke about the pros and cons of each supplement or activity. It gave me new insight on how to calm myself down and I can think of many people who would benefit from reading it.
tirsy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tirsy.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by tirsy »

I read this book and what I loved most about it, is, how lively the introduction was. I was glued to my sit till I finished reading the book. I loved how the author was straight to the point. I can call it a beneficial book. Thank you.
aby johnson
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Favorite Book: A Gentleman in Moscow
Currently Reading: A Gentleman in Moscow
Bookshelf Size: 243
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aby-johnson.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers
Reading Device: B07FQ4Q7MB
fav_author_id: 50532

Post by aby johnson »

The book of course is an amazing read and would definitely recommend to anyone with anxiety issues. Although the book feels like a text book at times, I'm pretty sure that it will be helpful for those in need.
rondanoh1
Favorite Book: 101 Dalmations
Currently Reading: Devil Among Us
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rondanoh1.html
Latest Review: Daniel and Revelation for Today by Mae Abdul-Karim Wertz
Reading Device: B07K1RZWMC

Post by rondanoh1 »

The book offers many good self help solutions. It gives alternative methods to deal with anxiety and stress other than traditional medications. I thought it was a real practical guide. I give it 4 out of 4 stars.
Siriusly_blank
Currently Reading: The Dark Web Murders
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-siriusly-blank.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Siriusly_blank »

A brilliant edition to help you understand the words "Stress & Depression" better. Nowadays we here lot of people saying am suffering from anxiety or depression. Most of these people don't even realize the gravity of these conditions. The book explains how passing sadness is different from depression? It helps the reader diagnose actual symptoms and help in better diagnosis. The best part of the book is the way the author describes these conditions with the help of chemicals released inside our body. The author employs both biochemistry and psycology to explain the complications that stress and anxiety may cause. Absolutely an amazing book which can help u fight the gloom building inside you before it sets roots deep inside your head. The author offers great piece of advice to the people who are suffering from anxiety and depression. I really liked how author used nuerochemistry to prove the theories of psycology. This is definitely a Healer .
kparikh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kparikh.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by kparikh »

I would recommend this book to others. The book was very straightforward and talks about each remedy in detail listing the pros and cons that apply to it. As someone who stresses easily and knows others who do as well, this book is a good read that is well worth your time. One thing that I like about it is that it talks about meditation and deep breathing but it makes it clear that in most cases, meditation and deep breathing isn't a solution for everything. This is huge for me because the amount of books I have read on anxiety and stress always talk about meditation and deep breathing being the best and only way to prevent stress.
Loads Rails
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zinda-lukman.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Loads Rails »

The book talks about stress which is the cause of a number of disorders in our bodies. This is the thing that I liked most about this book. I was intrigued by the way how our diet causes anxiety.
I highly recommend this novel to the elderly.
AmythystGreen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amythystgreen.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by AmythystGreen »

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress is a great book, that gives a broad overview of many holistic remedies for anxiety and stress, as well as simple explanation of many other alternative methods of healing that help anxiety and relieve the effects of stress. This book could use an editorial review, the author is eloquent, and the material is coherent, but the use of certain terms repetitively has left many spelling oversights as well as a few other issues. Overall, this is a book I would recommend to anyone, since anxiety and stress are a prevalent cause of illness, disease, depression, and just plain suffering for most of us, and Dr. Kinrys describes many avenues to relief.
beadeniseroa
Currently Reading: Finnikin of the Rock
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-beadeniseroa.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by beadeniseroa »

As an anxiety patient, I think this book was great. In the time that we live in now, stress is common and people really need more books like this. I especially love that the author recommends natural relief, because although medication does help at first, it’s not sustainable and long-term. You really need to help yourself to get out of it along the way.
Here we go mother on the shipless ocean. Pity us, pity the ocean, here we go. — Anne Carson, Decreation
Momlovesbooks
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: A Book for Oreo
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-momlovesbooks.html
Latest Review: Winter's Kiss by H.L. Hines

Post by Momlovesbooks »

I have suffered from anxiety most of my life. This book was easy to understand and touched on the main areas surrounding anxiety and depression. Now that we are living in a world affected by isolation and stress from COVID, many more individuals are suffering from anxiety. I think this book would be beneficial to everyone during these times. Chances are, if you don’t suffer from anxiety or depression yourself, you know someone who does.
Echezonachukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-echezonachukwu.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is Not What You Think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Echezonachukwu »

Stress and anxiety are topics which can never be over-emphasised. Coupled with the fact that this book was straightforward on proffering the possible relief. I guess its a 4 star for me
Jeff Winger
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Jeff Winger »

A lot of information about the possible methods to fight anxiety and stress. I liked that the authors included possible side-effects of the various guides. I found it especially important that before discussing possible natural remedies, it took the time to teach the reader about stress and anxiety in general, and that even though it primarily focuses on non-medical treatment options, it does not employ a tone that shames or blames those who do feel the need to resort to medication doubts about the validity of some methods, and the possible need to talk to your doctor if you think about taking some substances. Overall, it was a fascinating read. I rate this 4/4
C Austin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c-austin.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by C Austin »

It is very important to understand the signs that you are stressed and are suffering from anxiety for whatever reason. I like that the book focuses on practical means to circumvent the effects of the above. Exercising and meditating is my go to. The benefits astound me at times.
Laura Mich
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-mich.html
Latest Review: A Woman's Rise To Courage by Birgit T Klare

Post by Laura Mich »

The book unfolds by explaining what stress and anxiety are. It then expounds on the possible ways of relieving stress and anxiety. I appreciate the fact that it sheds light on both the negative and positive impacts of stress. I would highly recommend this book.
Laura Mich
Currently Reading: The Expansion
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laura-mich.html
Latest Review: A Woman's Rise To Courage by Birgit T Klare

Post by Laura Mich »

shish_by_design wrote: 02 Aug 2020, 13:06 I'm really impressed with this book. Not only does it give you insight into the main causes of anxiety, the symptoms and understanding panic attacks, it also teaches the role that one's diet has in developing anxiety, and which diet to subscribe to in order to combat it. I would highly recommend this book.
The fact that it mentions diet as a causation of stress and anxiety makes it outstanding. It illuminates on issues that may seemingly seem irrelevant, but may have deep effects on our health.

Return to “Discuss "Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress: A Practical Guide" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD”