Review by safah26121990 -- Advent Of Silver

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
safah26121990
2019 Reading Goal: 30
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-safah26121990.html
Latest Review: Advent Of Silver by Atilla K. Zengin

Review by safah26121990 -- Advent Of Silver

Post by safah26121990 » 17 Feb 2019, 03:11

[Following is a volunteer review of "Advent Of Silver" by Atilla K. Zengin.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Advent of silver by Atilla K. Zengin kept me guessing and I could not put it down. What I loved most about this book was the genuine purity of our main lead. What I disliked most about this book was the poor editing.

It is a fantasy book in which we follow our main character; Jericho; who has unforgettable silver coloured eyes. He believes they are silver due to an iris deformity from birth. Jericho grew up being trained by his master; who taught him well about morality and trained him to be powerful. We follow Jericho trying to find his purpose in life in a world where his purpose has already been dictated for him.

Jericho's world is placed in the future where religion has been vanquished, and magic has been banned; by an otherworldly force; which has taken the world far from the advancement human beings had once made. Only the rich can access technology; such as phones and microwaves, the rest of the population, live as humans did; in the 16th century.

After Jericho's training, he takes on travelling the continent. Soon he is imprisoned; for a crime, he does not commit. In prison; his brother; of which he knows nothing of; comes to free him, this is where the story takes off.

Advent of silver by Attila K. Zengin was beautiful. I loved the way it was written. It took into perspective the way a woman should be treated showing how everyone has occupations and cannot always be there, but, there are consequences. It shows how there are different types of men in the world. Everyone has good and bad in them. sibling relationships are well defined. I love the way there is so much to learn from this fictional story, there are so many life lessons to learn from Jericho and his experiences. I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars, because, even though I absolutely loved the story; and fell for the characters; I found the editing to be disturbing.

The story contained some minor grammatical errors such as;

"And what this prisoner in particular was capable of." Should be
"what this prisoner, in particular, was capable of."

And;

"He pondered amongst these events as those silver eyes stared deep back into him, contrasting with his fair skin, as if demanding to understand his true self and his..."

It should not have a comma, after the skin, it should be;

"He pondered amongst these events as those silver eyes stared deep back into him, contrasting with his fair skin as if demanding to understand his true self and his..."

And spelling errors such as;

"Armored" should be "armoured".

Advent Of Silver
View: on Bookshelves

Like safah26121990's review? Post a comment saying so!

Zimall
2019 Reading Goal: 60
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 8
Favorite Author: Atilla K. Zengin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zimall.html
Latest Review: The Sparrow by Denna M. Davis
fav_author_id: 156933

Post by Zimall » 20 Feb 2019, 13:28

The editing was definitely poor but the story was great. I liked the way author used names from different religion and all those names had interesting history.
Thanks a lot for the review Safah☺
"All That is Gold Does Not Glitter
Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"

InStoree
2019 Reading Goal: 20
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 65
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-instoree.html
Latest Review: A Cossack's House by Marie Washtag

Post by InStoree » 25 Feb 2019, 08:37

safah26121990 wrote:
17 Feb 2019, 03:11
Jericho's world is placed in the future where religion has been vanquished, and magic has been banned; by an otherworldly force; which has taken the world far from the advancement human beings had once made. Only the rich can access technology; such as phones and microwaves, the rest of the population, live as humans did; in the 16th century.
I like how Zengin introduced microwave into this fantasy. It makes the story interesting and with a sense of humor. Thank you for your review!

Zora C Penter
2019 Reading Goal: 50
2019 Reading Goal Completion: 18
Currently Reading: Every Ghost Has Its Story
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zora-c-penter.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Zora C Penter » 25 Feb 2019, 10:29

I wish the little author blip that we get when we choose to read a book always said the nationality and the country that the book was originally intended for. I don't usually count spelling errors that could just be the British spelling, but if this book was written by an American author for a mostly American audience, you are definitely right to list those errors.

Thank you for the thorough review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”