Review by Echo Haapala -- Timewise by Robert Leet

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Echo Haapala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-echo-haapala.html
Latest Review: Poseidon's Eye by Trisha O'Keefe

Review by Echo Haapala -- Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Echo Haapala »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Timewise" by Robert Leet.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Are you ready to embark on a thrilling and unpredictable journey? Timewise will take you to places that you have never been to, including, the future. Ron and his longtime friend, Regina, a physics whiz, begin brainstorming and conducting experiments. Eventually, they create a time machine that changes the world as we know it. Not all is good and well in their world, however. With the FBI cracking down on them and experiments going wrong, they live in turmoil. Will Ron and Regina use their time machine for good? Or will it fall into the wrong hands?

I really enjoyed the characters in Timewise. The author, Robert Leet, created oddball characters instead of the basic, cookie-cutter versions found in most books. As a reader, you will meet many throughout the story. There is Ron, the main character, Louisa and Regina, just to name a few. Each character was very unique and quirky. For example, Louisa is an introvert that enjoys exploring unusual and abandoned places. Then there is Regina. She is a quantum physics nerd who’s thought processes and perspectives are undeniably eccentric.

Not only were the characters original but their development was superb. It was entertaining to experience the transformation of Ron. This book is his tale, which started with him as a teenager and ended many years later in adulthood. In the beginning, Ron lacked drive, motivation and didn’t have a single future goal. By the end, he was successful and talented.

I think it is fair to mention that there are a lot of physics lessons in this book. To be honest, most of them confused me. I am not a master of physics so it was hard for me to retain. With that said, Regina usually ended up explaining her lessons in layman’s terms. I noticed that some of Regina’s point of views made me start to see things from a different perspective.

The conclusion of Timewise was really unexpected. Although, I guess the entire book could be described as being so. That is what I liked most about this book. It was an unpredictable adventure from start to finish. With all of this said, I rate this book a 4 out of 4. Also, this book was professionally edited and I only noted two errors.

I would recommend this book to sci-fi fanatics or adults that have an interest in science. I would not recommend this book to young adults because I think the theories are very complex. As a side note, there is a little bit of sexual content in this book but it is not graphic.

Timewise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Echo Haapala's review? Post a comment saying so!
Kei Nakagawa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kei-nakagawa.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Kei Nakagawa »

Thanks for the review! I would agree that the characters seemed very original, and one can immediately notice their differences. It is also amusing for me to observe Ron as he interacts with this different individuals smoothly. Great read, indeed!
Melexa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melexa.html
Latest Review: Colors of Love by Adeola Oyekola

Post by Melexa »

Thanks for your review. I was initially put off by the quantum physics part of the book but it is encouraging to know that Regina explained her lessons in layman's terms. Thank you for that.
sssns
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sssns.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by sssns »

I guess the unpredictable adventures and unexpected ending match the concept. After all, quantum physics is about randomness. But I am just speculating. I will have to read the book to find out. Thank you for the insightful review.
MrCamunez
Favorite Book: The Most Important Lessons in Economics and Finance
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrcamunez.html
Latest Review: The Most Important Lessons in Economics and Finance by Dr. Anthony M. Criniti IV

Post by MrCamunez »

I love the idea of jumping into a story that talks about time travel, there are many positive and negative implications into the subject, but even though of that, every author has a particular way to open your eyes to a new reality. Thank you for the review!
Nikita_sharma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikita-sharma.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Nikita_sharma »

This book sounds so interesting! An excess of physics has me a little concerned but the way you describe the characters and the plot makes me feel that perhaps I should give this one a go. Thanks for writing such a helpful review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”