Review by Alicia09 -- Timewise by Robert Leet

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alicia09
Currently Reading: The Cartel Crusher
Bookshelf Size: 270
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alicia09.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Review by Alicia09 -- Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Alicia09 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Timewise" by Robert Leet.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Ron met Regina at a chess tournament when he was fourteen years old. When he went to high school, he found out that she was teaching advanced physics to seniors. He immediately worked as hard as he could to sign up for the class. Four years later after Ron graduated, he moved to Connecticut to find work. One day he came home and saw Regina sitting outside his apartment. She promised to pay his tuition as long as he went to college. This inspired Ron to pursue a college education in mathematics, while learning quantum physics from Regina at the same time.

When Ron graduated college, he decided that he wanted to pursue a PhD in mathematics until he met (and eventually married) Sheila, who persuaded him to use his mathematical models to predict future investments in stocks. Meanwhile, Regina was creating machinery to see into the future but she had to keep it a secret because the FBI ransacked her lab and the government labeled her as a terrorist. When Regina invited Ron to work with her to help develop her secret machinery, Ron had to decide if he wanted to continue living the life of a rich and powerful businessman with Sheila in New York, or if he wanted to go back to work with Regina to help build her machine that would predict the future.

The title of this story fits very well with the book, because the title is Timewise and the story was all about predicting the future. Ron’s mathematical models and Regina's scientific theories both contributed to very interesting information about predicting the future through science and math. I enjoyed learning about different theories from quantum physics when I was reading this book. Regina explained a lot of interesting theories to Ron, like the theory that awareness creates time. I also enjoyed reading about how Ron was able to use his mathematical models when he was creating fractal models to predict future investments. Fractal models allowed Ron to gain financial prosperity in a very short amount of time, because he knew which stocks were going to be worth the most in the future.

I did not have any issues with this book. I found the writing style to be neat, detailed, and informative. The only thing I would have changed about this book would have been the amount of illustrations. There were parts of the book where Ron was describing a building and the details took up almost two pages. I think that having more illustrations (or even photos) to accompany the verbal descriptions would have made it easier for me to picture the settings in the story.

I am giving Timewise by Robert Leet a rating of 4 out of 4 stars, because I learned a lot about quantum physics from reading this book and the writing was professionally edited. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to know more about quantum physics, and mathematical models. I would also recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading stories that talk about predicting the future. There were some elements of fantasy in this book, so I would not recommend it to anyone who does not enjoy reading science fiction stories. I look forward to reading more from this author in the future!

Timewise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Alicia09's review? Post a comment saying so!
Melexa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melexa.html
Latest Review: Colors of Love by Adeola Oyekola

Post by Melexa »

Thank you for the detailed review.
This book does not fall into my preferred book category, because I got a bit weary of the quantum physics and maths models. But I
must say that you did a good job with your review.
lavenderbooks20
Currently Reading: Dancing Under The Stars
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lavenderbooks20.html
Latest Review: Darkness of Blue by Gary A James

Post by lavenderbooks20 »

Quantum physics is an interesting subject to employ in a novel. Predicting the future through science and math makes an interesting premise, although it’s difficult to get into at first, at least for me that is.
kalgaonkarsnehal
2021 Reading Goal: 30
Favorite Author: Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Favorite Book: Wish You Well
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalgaonkarsnehal.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 15638

Post by kalgaonkarsnehal »

I am about half way in the book, and yet to reach the thriller part of the plot. However, the first 30% of the book is heavily dominated by quantum physics. While the author has taken the effort to try to explain the complicated concepts in layman terms ( via Regina Russo dialogues), they many times still go way over the head. Quantum Physics enthusiasts will love this book. Others may find the beginning at least tad too taxing.
“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.” ― Isaac Asimov :techie-studyinggray: :D
kalgaonkarsnehal
2021 Reading Goal: 30
Favorite Author: Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Favorite Book: Wish You Well
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalgaonkarsnehal.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 15638

Post by kalgaonkarsnehal »

kalgaonkarsnehal wrote: 05 Nov 2020, 07:09 I am about half way in the book, and yet to reach the thriller part of the plot. However, the first 30% of the book is heavily dominated by quantum physics. While the author has taken the effort to try to explain the complicated concepts in layman terms ( via Regina Russo dialogues), they many times still go way over the head. Quantum Physics enthusiasts will love this book. Others may find the beginning at least tad too taxing.
I have finished the book, and though it's only fair to amend the above statement. I mantain that it's not a thriller, but a very unique love story. While in the first half of the book, the density of quantum physics may surprise some unsuspecting readers, but the rest of the book balances the story plot very well with the theory of physics. Overall, I think it is an unorthodox story that is very different from what I've read until now and I'm very happy that I persevered and finished the book, because it's left me feeling content and happy.
“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.” ― Isaac Asimov :techie-studyinggray: :D
Ndiviwe
2021 Reading Goal: 15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndiviwe.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ndiviwe »

The fictional time travel aspect of the novel sounds fantastic and would have me hooked to the book. The phyics jargon might be a hard no no for me but it might be a suspenseful page-turner for someone who has a deeper understanding for physics topics.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”