Review by abbiejoice -- Timewise by Robert Leet

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
abbiejoice
Currently Reading: Me Before You
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbiejoice.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Review by abbiejoice -- Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by abbiejoice »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Timewise" by Robert Leet.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Timewise by Robert Leet is a sci-fi story about Ron Larsen, a brilliant teenager, whose untapped potentials have been harnessed by Regina Russo, a beautiful physics professor with a mysterious past. Together, they try to solve not only the wonders of physics but also its profound implications in real life.

Thought-provoking, delightful and believable, the book has captured my imagination from the very start. Although filled with discussions about quantum physics, I was able to grasp the intriguing plot that combines the thrill of scientific discovery and the enchantment of finding true love. The story's first-person point of view also helped in being more intimate with Ron's feelings and thoughts.

Ron started as a seemingly lost orphan, whose only interest was to win money out of chess games. Later, he discovered he could also make money by playing poker. When that did not end well, he pursued his interest in mathematics by taking the scholarship offered by Regina.

Throughout his growth in talent, Ron was also able to grow in character as he met various people in his life. He met Cheryl, a previous scholar, who had a penchant for rare plant species. He also met Louise, a wandering spelunker, who had a passion for tunnels and hidden places. Later on, he met Sheila, the daughter of a wealthy and influential broker.

Ron never seemed to lack people who wanted to share with him their passion and their lives. Despite everything, however, Regina was the one person Ron had always wanted by his side. It was not a relationship that was easy to categorize. It was like the principles of quantum physics they have often discussed. It was something beyond what Ron himself could ever truly understand.

"Awareness creates time." What does it really mean? Was it just a theoretical formula that could never be applied? Was it something that could really help people peek into the future? Ron had always been intrigued to understand it all, but will he have the time to find out its implications before it's too late?

I just love how every bit of the plot seems to fall into place: the romance, the formula, and the life lessons. I'm amazed at how quantum physics has helped me understand life better. I was in awe at the vastness of the universe. I was able to realize the existence of various mysteries which even scientists are still unable to explain. One doesn't have to be a scientist in order to appreciate the merits of the book. For those who are adept at understanding scientific equations, however, there were various illustrations within the book to refer to.

What I loved most about the book was the way Regina was able to mentor Ron. It was like she was also talking to me, teaching me physics in such a way as I've never known it before. In a way, Regina was the epitome of the truth she was talking about, the kind of truth that leads to beauty and love. She seemed like the kind of teacher I could listen to all day. The least I liked about the book, however, was that there was very little about Regina's background before she met Ron.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It has been written masterfully with a captivating plot and a believable set of characters. It has a lot of scientific jargons to satisfy fans of sci-fi books, but it also has a way of explaining them and weaving them deftly into the story. There were also no major grammatical errors; the book has been professionally edited. I recommend it to sci-fi fans as well as to those who are adventurous enough to read a somewhat unorthodox love story.

Timewise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like abbiejoice's review? Post a comment saying so!
BelleReadsNietzsche
Currently Reading: The Handmaid's Tale
Bookshelf Size: 300
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellereadsnietzsche.html
Latest Review: I Can See Peace by Julie Penshorn
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by BelleReadsNietzsche »

I just love how every bit of the plot seems to fall into place: the romance, the formula, and the life lessons. I'm amazed at how quantum physics has helped me understand life better.
It's so great when all the aspects of a book click into place like this! Quantum physics is such an interesting theme; I think it's really cool that this book was able to handle and integrate it so well! Thanks for this great review. I'll definitely consider reading this one. :)
"The bitter truth we critics must face is that, in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so." -Ratatouille (2007)
Kei Nakagawa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kei-nakagawa.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Kei Nakagawa »

Regina does have a way of explaining things! That is one of the key features of the book - making you understand physics in the simplest way possible. Great read and thanks for the review!
sssns
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sssns.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by sssns »

Quantum physics and an unorthodox love story in a mix look intriguing. Thank you for the insightful review.
MrCamunez
Favorite Book: The Most Important Lessons in Economics and Finance
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrcamunez.html
Latest Review: The Most Important Lessons in Economics and Finance by Dr. Anthony M. Criniti IV

Post by MrCamunez »

Going through a novel that allows you to read the plot in first person is incredible, it makes you feel completely attached to the character's feelings and experiences. Thank you for the review!
Jenni-Inna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenni-inna.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Jenni-Inna »

This book sounds really interesting and intriguing. Thank you for your review! It does seem to have a good mix of sci-fi with a good love story and it sounds like I might understand a bit of quantum physics from reading it, which is a bonus!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”