Review by Enn_aaa -- Heaven and Earth by Arturo Riojas

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Enn_aaa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enn-aaa.html
Latest Review: Randy Love...at your service by Shay Carter

Review by Enn_aaa -- Heaven and Earth by Arturo Riojas

Post by Enn_aaa »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Heaven and Earth" by Arturo Riojas.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Heaven and Earth is a science fiction novel by Arturo Riojas. This well researched book stays true to its purpose of enlightening its readers about cadmium poisoning which is a serious health issue that is plaguing our society. This is a story of two different worlds; Treretum and Earth.

Egral Egroeg, the son of a powerful Lord of the ruling Drutsab clan and Head Officer of Total Security and High Intelligence of Treretum was sent on an assignment to canvass progress made by the “Earthlings” which were apparently seeds that the Treretumians had planted many light years ago. After a series of investigations were conducted by His assistant, Suturb Sucram, they found out about the conspiracies of the so called high officials to exploit the masses by hiding events, conditions and information that are supposed to be made known to the society for their own benefits.

Meanwhile, an “Earthling”, Dr. Olga Ramos was already suspicious of the existence of aliens in another universe and was conducting researches on it but was being impeded by the Government officials who were bent on keeping such information a secret. Will Olga achieve her purpose? Will Egroeg be able to turn things around for the Earthlings? Read Heaven and Earth to find out.

I enjoyed reading this book because I connected with the characters and story quite naturally. Arturo was expressive in his writing and I loved the use of Spanish in some parts of the book as I was excited to learn some Spanish words like “Fantástico” and “Dios mio” which means ‘fantastic’ and ‘My God’ respectively. I loved Cuauhtémoc Gavilán’s character, Olga’s boyfriend as he was always cracking me up with his jokes in every situation which made Olga feel better whenever she was sad and distant.

I especially loved the in depth research done on cadmium poisoning and the dissemination of information about it done after every chapter of this book. It was really life changing for me as I had to reconsider so many of my food choices and opted for healthier living.

What I didn’t like about the book was the pictures the writer put in some parts of the book. I found distracting as they distorting my imagination which is one of my main reasons for always opting for books rather than movies.

This book was well edited as I barely encountered any errors and in light of that, I am glad to rate this book, Heaven and Earth 4 out of 4 stars because it is well researched, well written, educative and has a captivating storyline.

I recommend this book to everyone because this book is very relatable to our daily life, diets and everyone would have a thing or two to learn from this book.

Heaven and Earth
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Enn_aaa's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”