Review by brianna5556 -- NanoMorphosis by Marla L. Anderson

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
brianna5556
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brianna5556.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Review by brianna5556 -- NanoMorphosis by Marla L. Anderson

Post by brianna5556 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "NanoMorphosis" by Marla L. Anderson.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

NanoMorphosis by Marla L. Anderson is a science fiction story set 100 years in the future. The Earth is becoming uninhabitable and humanity had begun to explore space in order to find a new planet to call home, but an attack by a hostile alien force on one of the exploration crews halted progress. The only survivor from the attack, Daniel Walker, fights to get a new team into space, determined to explore the planet that he believes will be humanity’s saviour, Tau Medea IV. Once he gets to the planet, they make a remarkable discovery that further complicates his mission. The story also follows a man called Cadmon Dhyre, who was infected with a nanobot virus of his own making, but that spread to contaminate other humans. The carriers of this virus are shunned by the rest of humanity, despite their innocence, and are kept separately in camps. Cadmon works against prejudice to find a cure for the nanobot virus, letting no one stand in his way.

These two characters are following their own paths barely knowing or interacting with each other, but as their stories develop, the impact their actions have on each other are revealed, and their stories twist together as they follow their dreams. Realising these connections as you read brings you deeper into the story, as not all of them are immediately obvious.

I found the start to be a little slow, but once the story gets going it is an exciting and engaging read, filled with plot twists, scandals, and difficult decisions. The version of the future that Marla has created is interesting and fantastical, yet still believable, making it easy to get lost in the story. It discusses ethical issues surrounding technological progress and communication with aliens that may or may not be sentient.

This book is probably not suitable for young adult readers or any people who are upset by sexual violence, as there are a couple of rape scenes. Although these are not overly descriptive, they could be potentially triggering or shocking. Furthermore, there are multiple deaths that are described, though again not in too much detail as to be over the top. However these scenes are integral to the story, so they would be difficult to skip, and I believe they should not be if you intend to read this book.

I give this book 3 out of 4 stars. I will not give it 4 because there are multiple spelling mistakes, and there are many sentences that are worded oddly, and for this reason I don’t believe the book has been professionally edited. This is occasionally jarring and unfortunately takes you out of the story. This was definitely a let-down as the storyline was brilliant. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and would definitely recommend it to others.

NanoMorphosis
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like brianna5556's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”