Review by Ferdinand_otieno -- Superhighway 2 by Alex Fayman

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Review by Ferdinand_otieno -- Superhighway 2 by Alex Fayman

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Superhighway 2" by Alex Fayman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Superhighway 2 by Alex Fayman is a science fiction thriller novel. The book is the second installment in the Superhighway Trilogy. The book follows the events of the protagonist, Alex Fine, immediately after the events of the first book. The book is written from the perspective of the protagonist.

Alex Fine has the ability to travel through the internet using network cables (electroportation). In the first book, Alex stole billions of dollars from a Russian oligarch, Sverdlovski. He believed he had gotten away without being noticed, but Sverdlovski is hunting him down. Sverdlovski has connections with the Russian president and the FSB. When Alex return to the island of Galicia after a difficult night trying to win back Eva, Sverdlovski’s men move to capture him. He barely manages to escape. He decides to move to Las Vegas and start a new life as Alex Smith. Coincidentally, his move to Las Vegas helps him meet Yana. They get married and start a new life hoping to leave their troubled pasts behind them, but the past inevitably finds a way to catch up to them. When Yana gets pregnant, Alex is terrified for her. Every other person with his unique gift has had their mother die during childbirth. He is terrified of losing Yana to the pregnancy and also to Sverdlovski. Moreover, his past actions are causing an economic crisis for the Russian oligarch. When Yana survives the delivery, Alex has hope of finally finding happiness. He is on the way out of the hospital with Yana and their baby, Ayden, when they are ambushed by Sverdlovski’s men. Alex escapes with his son, but his wife, Yana, dies. Will Alex keep his son safe? Will Sverdlovski capture him? Will the conflict with the Russian have global consequences? Will Alex Fine ever find happiness? All these questions will be answered in this amazing book.

The book had many themes that made me enjoy reading it. The main theme I encountered was espionage. Alex Fine has a unique ability that helps him spy on everyone and allows him to access classified information. I also encountered conflict as a major theme. Sverdlovski is desperate to capture Alex and regain his money. Secrecy is another major theme in this book. Few people know the truth about electroportation. Alex is unwilling to share his secret with anyone. Yana is one of the few people who know about it. I encountered themes like trust, love, war, betrayal, grief, suspense, and action. The author uses these themes masterfully to not only make the characters interesting but to also make the plot memorable. I loved how it was impossible to predict the next crisis Alex Fine would face.

The character development in this book was written masterfully. Alex Fine is a complex character with a troubling past. Alex evolves from a teenager into a capable adult. The experiences he has made me love his character. I enjoyed how determined he was to help others by giving away money. Yana was a perfect introduction into this book. She not only gave Alex a home but also a son. Sverdlovski is written as the perfect antagonist. As a reader, I was terrified for Alex. It seemed that with Sverdlovski’s connections, Alex would have to face off against the entire Russian army. The characters made the plot captivating and highly addictive.

I rated the book 4 out of 4 stars. This is because I found the book impossible to put down. The plot is fast-pacing and thrilling from the beginning of the book. I did not encounter any spelling or grammatical errors. This led me to believe that the book was professionally edited. The story flowed effortlessly and I read the entire book in two days. I loved the characters and the plot of the book. I did not encounter a single thing that I disliked about this book.

I would recommend this book to all science fiction fans. The author wrote an amazing sequel to the Superhighway Trilogy. The book would not appeal to readers of non-fiction books. I loved this book and only regretted how quickly I finished it. I look forward to reading more of the author's works.

Superhighway 2
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Ferdinand_otieno's review? Post a comment saying so!
Lisa A Rayburn
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

Although I haven't read Superhighway 2 yet, I did read the first novel and have downloaded this one as well. Unfortunately, this book sounds like just a pedantic continuation of the first with Yana substituting for Eva. Thanks for the review, but I'll probably give this one a pass.
Books are my self-medication. 8)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”