Review by ZEIMreads -- Timewise by Robert Leet

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ZEIMreads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zeimreads.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Review by ZEIMreads -- Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by ZEIMreads »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Timewise" by Robert Leet.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Timewise, by Robert Leet, is a sci-fi thriller centered around mathematician Ron Larson. At a young age, Ron meets Regina Russo, a brilliant physicist, who tries to bring out his true potential and leads him towards his life’s passion. Ron immerses himself into his mentor’s world-changing plans for the future, and together they try to introduce a new meaning of the universe through time.

Timewise slowly but steadily builds Ron Larson’s character through the various stages of his life. This therefore allowed me to genuinely build my own opinions of him and gradually connect with Ron on a deeper level. As I started to read, I immediately noticed how well-written the imagery of the book flowed on the page, thus allowing you to get a full sense of Ron’s environment. Furthermore, Robert Leet allowed readers to feel the emotions and hardships of the protagonist, as he introduced new locations and new relationships throughout Ron’s life.

The most important attribute of this book was its character development. Every character in Timewise was absolutely phenomenal, keeping your attention until the very last word. Every time a new character was introduced, I could feel a little bit of their pain or happiness through their small but equally important backstories. I was able to immerse myself into Ron’s interactions with others, and again, I felt more connected to the protagonist. This element made the book stronger and more intriguing, as every single minor character had a part to play,

Furthermore, the author wrote Timewise in first person point-of-view. This allowed me to really feel and understand Ron’s thoughts and feelings in a more intimate way. The plot flowed effortlessly, as there were no errors whatsoever. The dialogue was smooth and efficient; however, some of the conversations that lead to the more academic side of the book, tended to be a little wordy.

All in all, I really enjoyed reading Timewise. The book has great depth to it and kept me interested the whole time. Timewise appeals to those who like real-life situations, combined with scientific nuances and a small amount of action packed moments. To those who fall asleep to physics lectures or wordy, academic conversations, then this will not appeal to you. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. My reason for this is because the author did an excellent job with connecting his readers to his characters, whilst providing descriptive scenery to keep you interested.

Timewise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like ZEIMreads's review? Post a comment saying so!
MrCamunez
Favorite Book: The Most Important Lessons in Economics and Finance
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrcamunez.html
Latest Review: The Most Important Lessons in Economics and Finance by Dr. Anthony M. Criniti IV

Post by MrCamunez »

I love math since I was a kid. So I will feel completely identified with the personality of the main character. Thank you for the review!
Melexa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melexa.html
Latest Review: Colors of Love by Adeola Oyekola

Post by Melexa »

'To those who fall asleep to physics lectures...'
I fall into that category.

And you are right, this book didn't appeal much to me. Beautiful review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”