Official Review: Out of the Darkness, Kaboe Valley

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Official Review: Out of the Darkness, Kaboe Valley

Post by kdstrack »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Out of the Darkness, Kaboe Valley" by Frank Gee.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Martin had a hard life. His father could not afford to send him to school. He learned to make a living on the sea. Fishing supplied his basic needs. He trusted that God was in control of all things. One day, he received an offer to use his boat to take a group of men fishing. Martin chose to fish near the island of Kaboe. He knew the fisherman would be pleased with the fishing in this area. He was also familiar with the legend that people who went to this island never returned. After a successful day of catching extra-large fish, the fishermen spent the night on the boat. When Martin awoke the next morning, he discovered that everyone was gone. The search for his fellow fishermen changed the course of his life.

In Out of the Valley of Darkness, Kaboe Valley, Frank Gee creates a new world under the island of Kaboe. Life on this island under the sea is peaceful and happy. The island’s inhabitants work together in peace in harmony. Food is free, and money doesn’t exist in this culture. Conflicts arise when citizens need to travel to the mainland for required items not available on the island. Will the inhabitants of the island be able to keep their location a secret? How will this peaceful community protect their community from uninvited people who want to take control of their city? Can they preserve their lifestyle or will an invasion destroy their peaceful world?

The author does a thorough job of describing the valley under the sea. The text supplies details about the appearance and history of the valley. This comprehensive history dispels questions and doubts about the functioning of this culture. Comfortable homes, delicious meals, and lush vegetation appear before the reader's eyes in vivid detail. The harmonious relationships between the citizens make you envious. The author contrasts the tedious and dangerous life above the island with the peace and harmony that reign under the sea.

I enjoyed the creation of the new world and its development. Martin contributed to improving things in the valley. His character development is notable. Martin blossoms as he transitions from his dull life above to his adventure below the sea. I started to lose a bit of interest when the electrical plans for the island became too detailed. Once the new power plant began working, things picked up again.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. There was only a minor part of the story that dimmed my interest. I did notice more than ten grammar errors. I recommend this book to readers who enjoy fantasy and science fiction. The author transports readers to a place where you forget your struggles and stress. This book gives one a feeling of hope when circumstances in life seem overwhelmingly negative. People who tend to be realists, and are skeptical about utopian societies, might not enjoy this book.

Out of the Darkness, Kaboe Valley
View: on Bookshelves

Like kdstrack's review? Post a comment saying so!
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-lover-35.html
Latest Review: VieVie La Fontaine by Linda Heavner Gerald

Post by Book Lover 35 »

Interesting plot! I am definitely interested in this science fiction book.Thank you!
:tiphat:
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

Book Lover 35 wrote: 03 Dec 2018, 00:40 Interesting plot! I am definitely interested in this science fiction book.Thank you!
The book does have a good plot and an interesting way of developing it. Hope you enjoy it!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

This one sounds rather interesting. I have to learn more about this island; I love that it seems like the descriptions are well done! I love being taken to a different place. Thanks so much!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

kandscreeley wrote: 03 Dec 2018, 08:41 This one sounds rather interesting. I have to learn more about this island; I love that it seems like the descriptions are well done! I love being taken to a different place. Thanks so much!
I wish I could live there ! Hope you like it. Thanks for commenting!
Taytay15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taytay15.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Taytay15 »

This book seems very interesting to read. I would love to know more about what happens. Great review! You got my attention.
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

Taytay15 wrote: 03 Dec 2018, 22:32 This book seems very interesting to read. I would love to know more about what happens. Great review! You got my attention.
Thanks for the kind comments. I really enjoyed this book. This was an easy review to write. Hope you will enjoy it too!
booklysis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklysis.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by booklysis »

I think the plot is very interesting. It sounds an adventurous one too! You have provided a great review!
kdstrack

Post by kdstrack »

booklysis wrote: 04 Dec 2018, 02:13 I think the plot is very interesting. It sounds an adventurous one too! You have provided a great review!
The author does a good job of keeping the reader's interest. It is an interesting and adventurous read. Thanks for commenting!

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”