Official Review: Daisies and Dragon Slayers In The Equator

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3038
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Re: Official Review: Daisies and Dragon Slayers In The Equator

Post by Kibet Hillary »

kandscreeley wrote: 20 Nov 2018, 08:36 I agree with Zimall... I'm a bit confused about why this is sci fi/fantasy. I didn't really see any of those elements. Still, it sounds like it has some good themes, but I just don't think it's for me. Thanks, though.
It seems this connection between the title and the content eluded my mind. I guess the fantasy part comes with the creatures that were used to hunt souls. This might have been the reason for it being classified under this genre. Thanks a lot for the reply.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Kibet Hillary
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibet Hillary »

CambaReviewer wrote: 20 Nov 2018, 08:46 Glad you found this an enjoyable read. Pity about the typos! This is not my usual genre, but I might leave my comfort zone and read this one. Thanks for a great review!
Thanks for the reply. It might surprise you that you will find the book more interesting than how I found it. I hope that the typos will be corrected.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Samy Lax
Currently Reading: 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samy-lax.html
Latest Review: Chats with God in Underwear by Eduardo Chapunoff

Post by Samy Lax »

What appealed to me was how the author had adequately built all the characters by revealing both their flaws and strengths.

Great review! I just might read this book next!
“...in principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.”
― Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
Kibet Hillary
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Samy Lax wrote: 22 Nov 2018, 01:02 What appealed to me was how the author had adequately built all the characters by revealing both their flaws and strengths.

Great review! I just might read this book next!
Thanks a lot for the reply. It is a nice book and I believe that you will enjoy reading it too.
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

I can imagine the confusion that would be brought about if a country suddenly changed its official language. Racism takes many forms. Great review!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Kibet Hillary
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Cotwani wrote: 25 Nov 2018, 16:44 I can imagine the confusion that would be brought about if a country suddenly changed its official language. Racism takes many forms. Great review!
This is very true. It could be better to have two official languages or let it be a slow process that will eventually come to be in a nice way. Thanks for the reply.
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

Kibetious wrote: 20 Nov 2018, 22:44
Zimall wrote: 20 Nov 2018, 08:17 Themes sound great but what about the dragons and daisies? And why it is sci-fi/fantasy??
I never got the connection of the title and the content or what it alluded to quite well. Thanks for the reply.
That's something I was wondering about, too. Nonetheless, I do hope we'd all attain more cooperation and peace. Thank you for your thoughtful review.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs
Kibet Hillary
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Espie wrote: 06 Dec 2018, 06:01
Kibetious wrote: 20 Nov 2018, 22:44
Zimall wrote: 20 Nov 2018, 08:17 Themes sound great but what about the dragons and daisies? And why it is sci-fi/fantasy??
I never got the connection of the title and the content or what it alluded to quite well. Thanks for the reply.
That's something I was wondering about, too. Nonetheless, I do hope we'd all attain more cooperation and peace. Thank you for your thoughtful review.
It is what may not be established soon but I'm sure there must be a link somewhere. Thanks a lot for the reply.
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

The real story gives depth to the plot despite its flaws. I think this book is not for me. But I am glad you enjoyed it. Great review.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Kibet Hillary
Currently Reading:

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Sarah Tariq wrote: 09 Dec 2018, 13:26 The real story gives depth to the plot despite its flaws. I think this book is not for me. But I am glad you enjoyed it. Great review.
This was an amazing story. I enjoyed it a lot, especially the last parts of the book. Thanks a lot for the reply.
- Dr. Larry Crabb

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”