Review by Reeldeal1 -- Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Reeldeal1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reeldeal1.html
Latest Review: The Prize by Geoffrey M Cooper

Review by Reeldeal1 -- Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Reeldeal1 » 13 Nov 2018, 20:18

[Following is a volunteer review of "Chrome Mountain" by Ben Schneider.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider is a science fiction thriller that grabs your attention from the start. Sonya is running from her ex-boyfriend who is the leader of an outlaw biker gang the Screamon Demons.
She proves to be a smart, tough lady as she escapes from one of the pursuing gang members on her way to meet an old friend Becky. Trey is a computer engineer who has developed a cloaking devise that he decides needs to be destroyed because he’s convinced if it falls into the wrong hands could cause more evil than good.

A para-military terrorist group, the Chrome-Falcon, are after Trey to use his knowledge to duplicate his cloaking device. After receiving what she considers a sign from God Sonya comes on the scene of the Chromes attempting to kidnap Trey, deciding her mission from God is to protect him she is instrumental in helping him get away. Now they are being pursued by the Chromes, Law Enforcement and the biker gang.
The story continues with adventure after adventure across the country as Trey and Sonya are captured and escape. Pursuit and evasion continue until the very end.

I enjoyed the writer’s style as the story unfolded. He kept the action moving along smoothly and had enough lulls to allow the reader to slow down and catch his breath. As the characters are introduced you get to know them very well and can relate to what they are going through on a personal level. Even details of the surroundings, Trey and Sonya find themselves in, are interesting and keep your attention. Both Trey and Sonya find God during the narrative mixing in well with the storyline allowing religion to be used without over riding the plot.

One of the Chrome-Falcon characters is a Filipino woman who is portrayed as very evil. The writer made continuous references to her that could be considered offensive by some people almost to the point of racist. When the biker gangs were referring to Sonya, and in some cases the Chrome members, the language became a little to vulgar. The first time it was used was necessary for the story to convey the mindset of the biker or terrorist, but it wasn’t necessary to use repeatedly. Overall, I found the story very good and enjoyed it immensely.

I would recommend this book to anyone who likes science fiction with lots of thrills and non-stop action. I found no spelling or grammatical errors. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

Chrome Mountain
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like Reeldeal1's review? Post a comment saying so!

Mouricia25
2018 Reading Goal: 12
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 216
Currently Reading: Covet (Fallen Angels Series #1)
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mouricia25.html
Latest Review: Roan by E. R. Barr
Reading Device: B01N3UC27N

Post by Mouricia25 » 27 Nov 2018, 01:58

I am glad you enjoyed the book. I hope I will too.
Latest Review: Roan by E. R. Barr

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”