Official Review: The Kings' Assassin by Ed Cannon

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Juliar252
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliar252.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Re: Official Review: The Kings' Assassin by Ed Cannon

Post by Juliar252 »

This sounds like a great book! Thank you for mentioning the language, I agree that simpler language is better when dealing with novels that incorporate complex and sometimes confusing elements such as mythical creatures, magic, and romance. While this isn't my favorite genre, the book sounds very intriguing and I might read it now! Great review!
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

Juliar252 wrote: 06 Nov 2018, 18:11 This sounds like a great book! Thank you for mentioning the language, I agree that simpler language is better when dealing with novels that incorporate complex and sometimes confusing elements such as mythical creatures, magic, and romance. While this isn't my favorite genre, the book sounds very intriguing and I might read it now! Great review!
Indeed, I always prefer books with simple language – furthermore, it also takes skill to explain complex issues in a simple manner. Thanks for stopping by, and I hope that you will enjoy it! (:
Sahani Nimandra
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and The Sorceress Stone
Currently Reading: Man of the World
Bookshelf Size: 698
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sahani-nimandra.html
Latest Review: I once had a Farm in Ireland by Siggy Buckley
Reading Device: Huawei

Post by Sahani Nimandra »

In the above lights of consideration, I rather stick to your point because the reader know the best of this book since he/she had sampled this read. Thank you! I rather take your word into account.
The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid! - Jane Austen :techie-studyingbrown:
gen_g
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

Sahani Nimandra wrote: 06 Nov 2018, 22:59 In the above lights of consideration, I rather stick to your point because the reader know the best of this book since he/she had sampled this read. Thank you! I rather take your word into account.
Thank you for saying that, and for stopping by! (: I appreciate it very much.
JR Mercier
Favorite Book: The Bear and the Nightingale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jr-mercier.html
Latest Review: Betrayal by Maggie Walsh

Post by JR Mercier »

I am not much a fan of insta-love and it sounds like there could have been a bit more focus on the world and the abilities or laws. Still, I think I might give this one a go. It sounds right up my alley. Brilliant review, as always!
Dream up something wild and improbable.
-Strange The Dreamer, Laini Taylor
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

JR Mercier wrote: 07 Nov 2018, 01:31 I am not much a fan of insta-love and it sounds like there could have been a bit more focus on the world and the abilities or laws. Still, I think I might give this one a go. It sounds right up my alley. Brilliant review, as always!
Indeed, it would be a lot more immersive had there been more detail about the workings of the fantasy world. Thanks for stopping by!
Franc93
Currently Reading: Demon
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-franc93.html
Latest Review: Guilt by David Taylor Black
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Franc93 »

In your review you wrote the story could have been fleshed out to form two books [which i don't deny since i think that plot has serious potential for a sequel] but then you said the book feels rushed and under developed. Aren't these statements contradictory in a way?
"Are you going to sit there and feel sorry for yourself, or are you going to reshuffle those cards life dealt you."- Stick
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

Franc93 wrote: 12 Nov 2018, 09:19 In your review you wrote the story could have been fleshed out to form two books [which i don't deny since i think that plot has serious potential for a sequel] but then you said the book feels rushed and under developed. Aren't these statements contradictory in a way?
Hi! I mean that the book had some serious things going on, and the author could have given more detail, so that the reader can better immerse himself/herself in the book. It is because of this lack of detail that there is a touch-and-go element to it, leading it to feel rushed and underdeveloped. Hope this clarifies the issue. Thanks for stopping by!
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

For some reason fantasy tends to confuse me. I think I'll skip this one.
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

What a great and fair review. I think there are plenty of awesome components present in this story, even if a couple things got away from the author a bit, like the unnecessary and incomplete romance angle.
charmperit
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charmperit.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by charmperit »

The book sounds fascinating with the created unique world by the author. With this kind of setting, it is important that the author was able to write in a way that the readers could visualize it.
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

teacherjh wrote: 15 Nov 2018, 11:52 For some reason fantasy tends to confuse me. I think I'll skip this one.
Nonetheless, thank you for stopping by! :D
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

SABRADLEY wrote: 15 Nov 2018, 12:05 What a great and fair review. I think there are plenty of awesome components present in this story, even if a couple things got away from the author a bit, like the unnecessary and incomplete romance angle.
Definitely - I did still enjoy the book very much. Thank you for stopping by to leave a comment! (:
gen_g

Post by gen_g »

charmperit wrote: 15 Nov 2018, 15:27 The book sounds fascinating with the created unique world by the author. With this kind of setting, it is important that the author was able to write in a way that the readers could visualize it.
I agree with you 100%; that is definitely vital to the success of the book. The author managed to deliver, and I am really glad for that. Thank you for stopping by! :D
Jaykik
Currently Reading: The Carbynarah Chronicles, Book #1
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaykik.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Jaykik »

I look forward to reading this book. Being a lover of science fiction and fantasy, I'm curious to know the whole plot of the book. Thanks for a thorough review.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”