Official Review: Wayne's Angel by Ron W. Mumford

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Onyinye Excel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinye-excel.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Official Review: Wayne's Angel by Ron W. Mumford

Post by Onyinye Excel »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Wayne's Angel" by Ron W. Mumford.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Ron W. Mumford’s book, Wayne’s Angel is a fictional religious story about a boy, Wayne, who has never been loved for himself. Wayne is an exceptional singer and talented musician. He tries to comprehend the meaning of love when he meets Abby, Hank’s only daughter. She loves him like no other person has, and he has a hard time discovering his feelings for her. Through a series of events, he has a supernatural encounter that changes his life forever.

This book had many beautiful attributes. There were friendship, loyalty, bravery, selflessness, family bonds, and love. It resulted in a very engaging and compelling plot that completely immerses the reader in its storyline. There were laudable twists in the story. Example: The mysterious man with a white streak in his hair. The revelation of his identity was surprising. I applaud the author for this.

The main character is not introduced until the middle of the book. The author takes the time to build other plots up till that point. This sets the stage for the main character to fit perfectly into the story. More so, Ron W. Mumford revealed a lot about the supernatural in this book. The fight for a man’s soul was emphasized in the story. The decision of where a man spends eternity was explained in detail. The power of choice and free will were fully exposed in this book. Furthermore, the different strategies employed by Satan to gain Wayne’s soul were eye opening. There were no erotic sexual scenes in this book, though the story was all about love. I find that refreshing. Anyone reading this book would realize that love is more than feelings. The story gave a higher definition of love.

I enjoyed everything in the story. My best part was when Wayne called to Jesus for help and he was immediately rescued. He had tried all along to conquer his demons by himself. At that point, his strength had failed and he needed supernatural help. My reason is that it demonstrated the awesome love of God to his children. All we have to do is reach out to God in our time of need and He will be there to help us. God loves us unconditionally.

If there was something I didn’t like about the book, it was the few typographical errors I encountered in the course of reading the book. Example: “Dagon had stop and think before giving his answer.” My reason is that it interrupted the flow of the story. I had to read it again to fully understand what was being said.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I didn’t give it a 3 because I could not put down the book once I started reading it. The story was captivating, enchanting, fascinating, entertaining, educating, hilarious, and mind blowing. Also, it had less than 10 errors which I felt could be overlooked.

Anyone who believes in God would find this book very appealing. Christians all over the world would appreciate this story. People who have had to make it on their own without a family, would find a place in this book. On the other hand, other religions apart from Christianity may not find this book appealing. People who do not believe in Heaven or Hell may not want to read this book.

Generally, I hope everyone makes out time to read this book. It is worth every minute of your time. I look forward to the next series.

Wayne's Angel
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Onyinye Excel's review? Post a comment saying so!
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone »

A good religious book this is. I think people who want to understand more about Christianity may enjoy this book too; they might necessarily not be Christians. Thanks for the review
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
Debjani Ghosh
Favorite Book: The Lord Of The Rings
Currently Reading: The Evacuees
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debjani-ghosh.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Debjani Ghosh »

Based on your review, the author seems to have crafted a captivating story despite dealing with multiple themes. Yet, I am not sure if I will pick up this one since being a non-Christian, I am not sure if it will appeal to me. Thanks for the insightful review.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I'm always looking for a good Christian fiction story. Since you couldn't put this one down, I'll have to add it to my list. I find myself curious about Wayne and his life. Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Caylie_Cat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caylie-cat.html
Latest Review: The Traveler's Best Seller by Rick Incorvia

Post by Caylie_Cat »

It sounds like this book is something that would appeal to me. Having always been a Christian, the thought that we all have angels demonstrates God's amazing love and care for us- each and every one. Thank you for this review.
wendos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wendos.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by wendos »

I like that aspect of preparing the stage for the protagonist. Sounds like a likable novel with such beautiful themes.
fernsmom
Favorite Book: Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fernsmom.html
Latest Review: The Easter Make Believers by Finn Bell
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by fernsmom »

This sounds like a great book. I also enjoyed your review of it and the way you avoided spoilers but still were able to tell some of the plot. I'm new on the review team and learned some from your style as well. I am also a Christian and do enjoy book in this genre so I think it would be a good fit for me.
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Post by Okafor Prosper »

The book sounds interesting. The added attributes of friendship, loyalty, family bonds, and love you mentioned are a plus. I don't know how I feel about not meeting the main character till halfway through the novel though. Nice review.
Sweet Psamy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweet-psamy.html
Latest Review: Lost and Love: Thailand (Book One of the Lost and Love Series) by Stella Knights

Post by Sweet Psamy »

I think I would learn a lot from this book. Sounds like my kind of read. Thanks.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”