Zomcats by Jack D McLean

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jax14
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: The Thursday Murder Club
Bookshelf Size: 547
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jax14.html
Latest Review: Lost on the Edge of Eternity by Jonathan Floyd
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 2
fav_author_id: 2376

Zomcats by Jack D McLean

Post by Jax14 »

Zomcats is the second in a quirky zombie series but can be read as a standalone novel.

Henderson the cat is hungry. And not in a normal way. Henderson was previously dead and has a circular saw where his abdomen should be due to being put back together by a mad scientist type. Oh and Henderson is a zombie who can infect other cats and humans. Sounds legit, right? Mix this in with heads of state from around the world competing to gain the upper hand in popularity as well as rid themselves of the zombie problem and you have the beginnings of chaos. Is there anyone who can help them?

I started reading this book with no expectations as I had downloaded it because of the title and had not read the blurb. I was pleasantly surprised! Goofy, funny, snarky and downright mad is the order of the day in this book. Be prepared for swearing and violence but with lots of clever use of innuendo and puns. The dig at politicians and their egos was so true and I can well imagine the truth in some of the scenarios. There are a few things thrown in from the first book and hints about where the book is going next so I did find a few scenes confusing when they didn’t lead anywhere.

Overall a silly book in the best of ways. Gladly there were minimal editing mistakes. Take it with a pinch of salt and read it for the giggle.
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 379
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Dissonance by Aaron Ryan
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

I am trying to read as many zombie books as possible this month. I will check this out. Thanks for the introduction!
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”