Official Review: Daisies and Dragon Slayers In The Equator

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
lesler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lesler.html
Latest Review: Confrontations by Donald J Williamson
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Official Review: Daisies and Dragon Slayers In The Equator

Post by lesler »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Daisies and Dragon Slayers In The Equator" by Penny Singham.]
Book Cover
1 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book Daisies and Dragon Slayers in the Equator by Penny Singham is the story of multiple families, set in the present time in Malaysia, England, and India. Oormila, whose nickname is Mila, has a family who cares deeply for one another in the Asian continent. Her father, a prominent town deputy, loves his daughter more than anything and would do anything for her. As is customary in her region, Mila's parents arrange for Mila's marriage, to a wonderful man with the same high social status. Mila uncovers an awful truth about her future husband, and her world is turned upside down as she refuses to live the rest of her life in misery.

As Mila goes into hiding to prevent being forced into this unwanted marital union, she struggles to provide herself with the means to survive. A stunning medical discovery forces Mila to turn to whomever she can to continue living, all while hoping for her true prince charming to appear. Michael, a surgeon in Europe who is Mila's former neighbor, best friend, and forever crush, struggles to uncover the truth about Mila and her family. Will he appear in time to save her? Will the people who have been slighted by Mila prove victorious by silencing her for good once and for all? Only time will tell in this thrilling read.

I hated this book, and it was a struggle to read through all the way. The spelling, grammar, and general storyline were extremely awful to me, and I felt no connection to the characters or story in any way. This book has multiple storylines and jumped around so erratically I struggled to keep track of what was happening. I ended up re-reading multiple sections of the book to gain an understanding of the book's purpose, and there were times that I was still hopelessly lost. It was a struggle to read, and I do not recommend it to anyone.

This book could use professional editing, as well as help with clarifying the storyline. I was so distracted by the words used and typos that it was difficult to keep up with the characters, setting, and story progression. The author also used online stock photos throughout the story, which detracted rather than enhanced the story. I would have preferred the author either had illustrations, actors portraying the scenes in photographs, or rather no pictures at all rather than photos from "Big Stock Photos.com."

I give Daisies and Dragon Slayers in the Equator 1 out of 4 stars for its slow writing flow, uninspiring imagery, and disjointed storyline. I would consider trying to read the story again once the book is professionally edited, and one main story is presented in a more clear manner.

Daisies and Dragon Slayers In The Equator
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like lesler's review? Post a comment saying so!
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone »

I was wondering why a book with a catchy title was rated so poorly till I read your review. I can imagine how difficult it was trying to link the stories in this book. I hope the book gets reedited professionally.
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
Debjani Ghosh
Favorite Book: The Lord Of The Rings
Currently Reading: The Evacuees
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debjani-ghosh.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Post by Debjani Ghosh »

This book is not going into my TR list. I can put up with punctuation and grammatical errors if the plot is solid but the writer seems to have ignored everything. Thanks for the candid review!
melissy370
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissy370.html
Latest Review: Home To Kentucky by Thomas A. McCoy
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by melissy370 »

I appreciate your honesty. As a reviewer, we all have those books that are stinkers from time to time. Thanks for your review.
raev
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by raev »

This book is okay.But it does need to be edited professionally.
HollandBlue
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hollandblue.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by HollandBlue »

This book sounded like it might be interesting, but apparently there are too many editorial issues to make it worth reading. Maybe I'll give it a go if it gets re-edited. Thorough review!
:techie-studyinggray: when I get a little money I buy books; and if I have any left l buy food and clothes
Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamas
(1466-1536)
topdan30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topdan30.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
2024 Reading Goal: 798
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by topdan30 »

The book sounds good from the title. But seems clarifying of the storyline is something the author should work on. Thanks for the review.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
writer808
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-writer808.html
Latest Review: The Chest of Visions by Tim Ferguson

Post by writer808 »

I like the cover of the book, not sure about the content. :(
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

The plot seems attractive enough, but I'm wondering where the daisies and dragons will come in. How about that tiger on the cover?

I hope the author finds the right focus for this book, so Mila and Michael can fall in love. Or did I get the wrong drift?
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

I feel you. I'm currently reading it, and yet so far, I'm not sure whats goiñg on.
jadelyne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jadelyne.html
Latest Review: The Elf Brief by Jordan David

Post by jadelyne »

I have had a chance to read this book and can agree with the reviewer. Jumping around made it feel choppy to me personally.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”