Review by T_stone -- Heaven and Earth by Arturo Riojas

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Review by T_stone -- Heaven and Earth by Arturo Riojas

Post by T_stone »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Heaven and Earth" by Arturo Riojas.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Heaven and Earth is a Science fiction book published on the 5th of October 2016, written by Auturo Riojas. He has four Engineering degrees with two of them in Chemical Engineering and the other two in Civil Engineering. This is a scientific research book about Cadmium; The Carcinogenic heavy metal that is now commonly present in water, food and animal products Earthlings take.

Treretum is a planet of Aliens which circles around star Sirius that is 8.6light years away from Earth. Their mission to Earth was led by Egroeg, the son of a powerful lord of the Drutsab Clan and Head Officer of Total Security and High Intelligence of Treretum accompanied with Nivla and Sucram Suturb with the rest of the Treretumians on their spacecraft called Regnelach. Egroeg, Suturb and Nibla are Treretums main characters.

Olga Ramos is an Aeronautical Engineer from Stanford University and one of the Principal researchers in NASA. Cuauhtémoc Gavilán an old school mate and a friend of Olga. Dr Welch as he likes to be called (Billy Ruben) works at the CDC -Center for Disease Control and Precaution. Sam works with Billy Ruben but is from the Information Services department of the CDC. These four, are the Earth's main Characters in this book.

Nivla had a different agenda, one which was different from the mission that brought the Treretumians to Earth for the third time. He needs to recover the body of Normis and two other Treretums that died when their aircraft crashed. He cannot do this alone therefore seeking the help of trustworthy Earthlings that have same goals as his to complete his own mission. Sam and Billy Ruben who were both working on what they believe is a conspiracy theory on why the government has been keeping the dangers of Cadmium from the public by doing nothing because of their personal and selfish interests; also sought the help of Olga Ramos and Gavilán to help investigate using Olga's Interstellar Surveillance.

The plot thickens when Sam and Billy Ruben met with Olga and Gavilán after the conference in NASA. Everything changed when there was an attempt on their lives. Olga and Gavilán have an unspoken thing between them, it is feeling of love that gradually increased towards the end of the book.

I really enjoyed the book because I got engaged almost immediately. My favorite chapters are chapters nine (9) and sixteen (16) with both chapters talking extensively on the general individual behaviours of selfishness and governments act of greed keep affecting the lives of citizens to make themselves rich at the expense of the poor citizens. These chapters also talked about of poverty and how it can be tackled. "Poverty exists for a number of reasons and there are number of reasons why it continues to grow. Many people are born into a life of poverty". "The goal was to liquidate approximately three-fourths of the population and seize assets," I likened this statement made by Nivla to 'The Avengers - Infinity War' when Thanos talked about wiping half of humanity with the snap of his finger, to bring peace to the rest of humanity.

I also enjoyed this book because it talks widely about the health issues being caused by the intake of Cadmium by many people through water, food products, animal or farm products. Auturo Riojas' ability to pass the message of cadmium poisoning in the simplest way possible with each chapter ending with facts about cadmium poisoning, food and chemical supplements that can be taken to reduce the concentration of cadmium from the body. I find the humour between Gavilán and Olga amazing.

There are few typographical errors I noticed in the book. The omission of a word and that was close to the end of the book and misuse of 'where' for 'were'.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 star because I like the way the writer described each of the characters with depth giving a mental picture of what they really look like. This book also reveals to readers about food taken almost everyday by many people that can be of detriment to their health. There was nothing I didn't like about this book.

Heaven and Earth
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like T_stone's review? Post a comment saying so!
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
Rosemary Khathibe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-khathibe.html
Latest Review: Robotic Warriors by Caglar Juan Singletary

Post by Rosemary Khathibe »

The book seems to contain a lot of things: a topic about the government enriching themselves at the expense of the poor citizens and details on poverty. It really contains significant information. Great review!
T_stone
Currently Reading:

Post by T_stone »

Rosemary Khathibe wrote: 07 Oct 2018, 12:19 The book seems to contain a lot of things: a topic about the government enriching themselves at the expense of the poor citizens and details on poverty. It really contains significant information. Great review!
Has a lot to learn from really. If you can get a hold of it, you should read it as well. Thanks for dropping a comment
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
jcoad
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jcoad.html
Latest Review: True Blue Friend by Roy DeMauro

Post by jcoad »

Wow, this book seems really deep. Interesting that the book actually points out facts about Cadmium and how it can impact your health. Crazy mix of story with all the aliens and then health facts. Great job summarizing the story and pointing out the highlights of this book.
T_stone
Currently Reading:

Post by T_stone »

jcoad wrote: 07 Oct 2018, 18:39 Wow, this book seems really deep. Interesting that the book actually points out facts about Cadmium and how it can impact your health. Crazy mix of story with all the aliens and then health facts. Great job summarizing the story and pointing out the highlights of this book.
Thanks for dropping by.

Rob White
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

Cadmium is a very dangerous element. This should not be present or mixed with water. Aliens? I have not seen one. I love sci-fi genres, though. I will put this book in my to-be-read shelf. Thanks for the succinct review.
T_stone
Currently Reading:

Post by T_stone »

Dolor wrote: 08 Oct 2018, 00:38 Cadmium is a very dangerous element. This should not be present or mixed with water. Aliens? I have not seen one. I love sci-fi genres, though. I will put this book in my to-be-read shelf. Thanks for the succinct review.
It is a very informative and educative book. I'm sure you'll be pleased after reading this. Thank you for the comment
:D

Rob White
Ijeoma Kikelomo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ijeoma-kikelomo.html
Latest Review: Visions of Prosetry, Collector's Edition II by Vèè Nelly

Post by Ijeoma Kikelomo »

A lot of research has obviously gone into writing this book. Cadmium? Sounds enlightening. Overall, I think it is a well-written book.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3040
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Kibet Hillary »

This is great. I am particularly interested in the facts that are contained in the book pertaining to cadmium poisoning and how the levels of cadmium can be reduced. Nice review.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
Noraine Alissa Poria
Currently Reading: Bro Code
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noraine-alissa-poria.html
Latest Review: The Making Of A Con by Grace Larson

Post by Noraine Alissa Poria »

When I read the title, I thought it is a philosophical book or a spiritual book. I didn't expect it to be a science fiction novel. It seems nice tho, but I think I will skip this one. Great review
T_stone
Currently Reading:

Post by T_stone »

Ijeoma Kikelomo wrote: 10 Oct 2018, 13:58 A lot of research has obviously gone into writing this book. Cadmium? Sounds enlightening. Overall, I think it is a well-written book.
It is indeed an educative and enlightening book. Thank you for your comment

Rob White
T_stone
Currently Reading:

Post by T_stone »

Kibetious wrote: 11 Oct 2018, 02:32 This is great. I am particularly interested in the facts that are contained in the book pertaining to cadmium poisoning and how the levels of cadmium can be reduced. Nice review.
Glad you liked this part of the review. It is a good read overall.

Rob White
T_stone
Currently Reading:

Post by T_stone »

Noraine Alissa Poria wrote: 11 Oct 2018, 02:41 When I read the title, I thought it is a philosophical book or a spiritual book. I didn't expect it to be a science fiction novel. It seems nice tho, but I think I will skip this one. Great review
Thanks for the honest comment. :)

Rob White
Okafor Prosper
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 250
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okafor-prosper.html
Latest Review: 52 Pieces: by Dr. Marina Kostina

Post by Okafor Prosper »

Books about aliens don't interest me. I may change my mind on this one, though, the plot seems interesting. It'll also be interesting to read the views on how poverty can be tackled.
T_stone
Currently Reading:

Post by T_stone »

prospero360 wrote: 11 Nov 2018, 01:17 Books about aliens don't interest me. I may change my mind on this one, though, the plot seems interesting. It'll also be interesting to read the views on how poverty can be tackled.
I hope you get to read this one. It's interesting, informative and quite different from the regular alien stories. Thanks for commenting.

Rob White

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”