Review by thalkon -- World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
thalkon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thalkon.html
Latest Review: World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo

Review by thalkon -- World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo

Post by thalkon » 03 Oct 2018, 20:57

[Following is a volunteer review of "World, Incorporated" by Tom Gariffo.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

World Incorporated is about the modern day world, with a few changes. Instead of a modern day government, the world is lead by five supercorporations. One of these supercorporations hired a man that only goes by the name of Agent Sliver. Sliver goes on missions around the world with his customized air ship named The Chrome Wind. He's sent to suppress those people who are against the supercorporations.

Sliver has grown numb to the missions the supercorporations send him on. He never questions the motive behind the missions until he meets Kelly. Kelly makes Sliver start to question why hes doing what he's doing. As Kelly joins Sliver on his adventures, characters from Sliver's past come to light. We learn why Sliver is the way he is.

After reading World Incorporated I would give the book a 4 out of 4 rating. The reason I gave this rating is because, the book is very well written. It enraptures the reader, allowing them to insert themselves in the shoes of Sliver. By allowing the reader to become Sliver they begin to feel the same emotions he has throughout the story. To the point that it takes the reader into this alternate but almost very real future. I always look for books that help the reader become one with the main character, it makes the book that more real. I also liked the way that the author showed how the corporations took over the government. Adding little "article snippets" was the perfect addition to the book. By doing this the author helped make their story even more believable.

I only have a few negative points on the story. One point was a line that ended up repeating itself in different ways. The other point was Slivers name. When I started reading the book I kept thinking Silver. But I was able to correct that after a little more reading. Then he went on a mission and changed his name to Silver, and I had to retrain my mind again. Thankfully, it went back to Sliver and all was good again. Granted that was only a few pages out of the book, the rest of the book was able to redeem itself from these small hiccups.

World Incorporated is perfect for the teen and young adult readers. In it's very sci-fi like reality, it becomes believable that it is a possible future that could happen. I cannot recommend this book enough.

World, Incorporated
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like thalkon's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”