Review by serenitywhispers -- Solaris Seethes (Solaris S...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
serenitywhispers
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serenitywhispers.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Review by serenitywhispers -- Solaris Seethes (Solaris S...

Post by serenitywhispers »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Pirates, crystals, exploding planets, space chases, kidnappings, and a long-forgotten legend are among the exciting adventures Rynah, Solon, Tom, Brie, Alfric, and Solaris find themselves maneuvering through in Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga Book 1) by Janet McNulty. First book? I can only imagine what she has in store beyond!

The hapless group must go planet to planet searching for the crystals mentioned in a legend told on Rynah’s planet. Not only do they have to evade space pirates, and Klanor (Rynah’s foe, also searching for the crystals) but whatever challenges each of the planets they land on has in store for them. If they fail, it could mean not only the end of Rynah’s already dying planet, but the destruction of their planet as well! All of the planets and their inhabitants are described with such color and interesting detail that I find it difficult to imagine any young adult not finding delight behind the pages of this novel.

Solaris does an amazing job selecting the team for Rynah to work with, even if Rynah is not always sure about the team. The team members have specific character traits needed for the journey ahead. As they use these, you find they are not necessarily who they first appear to be. Each time one of their specific traits is needed, you discover more depth and clarity to the character. As they interact together, they find out so much more about themselves. You watch them grow and discover who they are and who they could become! Rynah has a lot to learn about her team and herself as well, hopefully she can do it in time.

It is clear that McNulty knows how to engage her reader, to draw them in, and to get them to invest in the story and characters she weaves. I gave this book 4 out of 4 stars. I truly could not find fault with it. From the first page to the last page, it was a non-stop roller coaster of emotions. I even found myself (eyes brimming with tears) flipping back and forth on the last page, surprised that it had ended. I wanted more! I would recommend it for anyone over the age of 14.

I am a mom of three, two of which are teenagers. I often read books to them (at their request). This is one I will read to them, or even have them read on their own.

Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like serenitywhispers's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”