Review by DorcasToo -- Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
DorcasToo
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 207
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorcastoo.html
Latest Review: Tidal Pools by Robert Marier

Review by DorcasToo -- Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by DorcasToo »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Escape is the first book of the 30th-century trilogy. A series of Science fiction well created to come up with a beautiful masterpiece. As the title suggests, the book starts with the main character escaping.

Jennifer Hero is a scientist and lives in thirtieth-century. She's trying to cope with the death of her husband and partner Professor Zehton Ho. He was assassinated by Syndos as they considered him a threat to their survival. Syndos are a creation of naturals yet, they are feeling so powerful that they want to send naturals into extinction. Therefore, Jennifer and Ho create a time machine that enables them to go back in time and spread a virus that will make Syndos have good morals. Even after the death of Ho, she doesn't weaken her resolve and fights to finish what they started. With the Trans time machines are complete, she sends her colleagues to the 27th century and chickens out. She goes to the 21st century carrying the burden of betraying her friends and humans in general.

On the other hand, Professor Marty Zitonick is taking a group of his students on a marine expedition and research. As they near Mororua atoll, they notice someone waves with smoke rising. Going in to rescue whoever is calling for help, leads to Marty meeting Jennifer. At first, it's awkward as she is half-naked but, they soon hit it off. Having already had 3 PhDs in her century, she's finding it hard to keep her cover hidden. Sooner, they are in Tahiti Island whereby coincidence, a girl named Jennifer Heros is missing. Everyone claims she is the missing girl and is well welcomed.

Escape is a beautiful book that is well written to keep the reader glued. I really enjoyed reading it and despite the fact that it's voluminous I finished it quite fast. The plot is well arranged to enhance the smooth flow to the climax. Full of surprises, suspense, and drama; it was a fun-packed read. I definitely applaud the author for this epic work of literature.

However, the book has extreme sex scenes. Ranging from homosexual, bisexual and heterosexual ones. Having said this if you can't stand these, this book isn't for you. Therefore, the need for age capping. There were minimal errors hence I can conclude that the editing was professionally done. I rate this book a 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend it to all lovers of Science fiction and Fantasy.

Escape
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like DorcasToo's review? Post a comment saying so!
jjmainor
Currently Reading: The House Where Evil Dwells...Thirteen Tells
Bookshelf Size: 171
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jjmainor.html
Latest Review: Beyond Cloud Nine (Beyond Saga Book 1) by Greg Spry

Post by jjmainor »

I wasn't a fan of the sex, but take another look at those scenes. The author made just about every woman bisexual, not to be progressive, but to fulfill the male fantasy. After all, it was every woman's desire to have a 3-way with one man and another woman. Only once was it suggested that there be two men and one woman, but we never got that scene..
Dayna Frank
Favorite Book: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Currently Reading: The Different Kinds Of Monsters
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dayna-frank.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Dayna Frank »

I like your review! It makes me very interesting to read this book!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”