Official Review: Milky Way Tango by Roger Alan Bonner

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Re: Official Review: Milky Way Tango by Roger Alan Bonner

Post by kandscreeley »

inaramid wrote: 14 Sep 2018, 09:20 Uh, no. As soon as we got to the "random sex scenes," I began to seriously doubt the message of the book. There might be a market for this though, but the lack of editing is really unfortunate. Thanks for the information!
There could be a market if the sex scenes were better. But I don't think they were erotic enough for erotica. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

joshfee77 wrote: 14 Sep 2018, 23:54 Sounds like a frustrating read. Unfortunate, given this author's excellent thriller A Thing of Dark Imaginings which I reviewed recently. Think this one was written before that, so he has clearly learned a lot since then. Thanks for your honest review. Don't think I would enjoy this one either!
I could tell the author could write. Of that I have no doubt. This one was a bit raw, though. Thanks.
—Neil Gaiman
BriennaiJ
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briennaij.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by BriennaiJ »

I really hate when books end on cliffhangers such as these. Even if it has a sequel, I want to feel that I spent my time reading something complete by the time that I am done reading your novel! Especially if I spend money on the book, I want to feel as if I spent my money on a full book and not a prequel of some sort. Thanks for the informative review!
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

BriennaiJ wrote: 17 Sep 2018, 15:39 I really hate when books end on cliffhangers such as these. Even if it has a sequel, I want to feel that I spent my time reading something complete by the time that I am done reading your novel! Especially if I spend money on the book, I want to feel as if I spent my money on a full book and not a prequel of some sort. Thanks for the informative review!
I know the second book is out. Perhaps, he cleaned things up a bit in it. We can only hope.
—Neil Gaiman
jcoad
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jcoad.html
Latest Review: True Blue Friend by Roy DeMauro

Post by jcoad »

Sounds like I could spend my time much more wisely than reading this book. Appreciate the honest and thorough review. You were probably writing the review in your head about halfway through thinking people aren't going to believe the garage I'm reading.
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

jcoad wrote: 17 Sep 2018, 21:50 Sounds like I could spend my time much more wisely than reading this book. Appreciate the honest and thorough review. You were probably writing the review in your head about halfway through thinking people aren't going to believe the garage I'm reading.
It's SAD, though. Some of it was fabulous. But, it just seemed that all of sudden, the author wanted to go in a completely different direction for several pages. Thanks for your comment.
—Neil Gaiman
Allyseria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allyseria.html
Latest Review: Choosing Happiness by Emily Hunter Slingluff

Post by Allyseria »

Thank you for your review! It sounded interesting and I was intrigued by the plot since most books I read that are centred around virtual reality, the locations aren't usually in schools/campuses. Although I don't mind cliffhangers, I have a huge problem if the major plot was unresolved by the end of the book. >.<
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Allyseria wrote: 19 Sep 2018, 14:59 Thank you for your review! It sounded interesting and I was intrigued by the plot since most books I read that are centred around virtual reality, the locations aren't usually in schools/campuses. Although I don't mind cliffhangers, I have a huge problem if the major plot was unresolved by the end of the book. >.<
Well, the good thing about it is that the second book is out already. Thanks for commenting!
—Neil Gaiman

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”