Review by mike3045 -- World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
mike3045
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mike3045.html
Latest Review: World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Review by mike3045 -- World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo

Post by mike3045 » 12 Sep 2018, 13:03

[Following is a volunteer review of "World, Incorporated" by Tom Gariffo.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Review of World Incorporated by Tom Gsariffo
By Michael Wells

World Incorporated is a dystopia vision of a perfect world which was not perfect. Corporations have taken over for the governments and now divided the world into different corporate entities. Everyone is to be conditioned to the corporate philosophy. There are factions that do not agree with this philosophy and the corporations try to wipe them out. The corporations are in control and nothing happens without their approval.

The book opens up with a corporation agent named Silver and his onboard computer Franklin. They received an assignment to eliminate a couple who were causing trouble for the corporation. Silver is conditioned to receive assignments from his superior and obeys without question. When Silver lands his ship and comes to the couple, he executes them to fulfill the assignment.

However, he does not realize that the couple has a daughter. He saves her and puts her in his ship. She is not very happy with Silver and he says he killed her parents. Her name is Kelly and is an important part of this story.

Kelly had led a sheltered life and does not realize what the world outside of her home is like. Silver tries to bring Kelly up to speed but he can not. Kelly is then given over to Franklin to get a history lesson.

Franklin has Kelly go through news reports from the past years, which describe the collapse of society and how the corporations eventually take over. The people were refusing to pay taxes and government was running out of money to provide services and run itself.

While this was going on, Silver was having an identity crisis and wondered who he was and where he came from. He was taking several more assignments including removing a college professor, a politician and a radio host.

The book was good and kept my attention throughout. I think it would make a good movie. The plot is fast paced and the historical background helps to understand what took place to create such a society.

I would rate World Incorporated 4 out of 4 stars because of the fast paced writing, the believable story and the real life characters. The book should appeal to science fiction fans and is a very good story. The characters are real to life and have very real emotions. It presents a scenario that could possibly happen in the future. There was nothing I did not like about this book

World, Incorporated
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like mike3045's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”