Review by DorcasToo -- Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
DorcasToo
2018 Reading Goal: 100
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 33
Currently Reading: Call Me Pomeroy
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorcastoo.html
Latest Review: Peppermint Mocha Murder by Pam Moll

Review by DorcasToo -- Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by DorcasToo » 11 Sep 2018, 04:54

[Following is a volunteer review of "Chrome Mountain" by Ben Schneider.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In his debut novel Ben Schneider has written an epic Sci-fi. A beautiful work of art that blends in fantasy, crime, family relations and Christianity. It's this aspect that captures the reader's interest because the combination sounds intriguing.

Trey Radisson is a scientist, and he makes an invention that could either be the best or the worst thing ever created. He names it the VV1 and he's so anxious to share it as soon as he's done. He's even envisioning how he will spend the money he will get from selling it. However, he changes his mind after a scary nightmare he's having. Too bad there is a person who knows this secret invention. On his way to his parents, he encounters a strange threat that worries him.

On the other hand, Sonya McCall is a rebellious young lady as a result of losing her dad during her teens. During this phase, she runs away, joins a biking gang and even dates the leader, who's several years older than her. One day, however, she escapes from the gang hiding in her friends' place en route her grandmother's place. Unfortunately, her friend is murdered soon after her grandmother's death. As she's contemplating her next step in life God intervenes as her path crosses with that of Trey.

The premise of this novel revolves around these two characters. As they fight individually and together against varied enemies. The have to make sacrifices, laugh together while at the same time crying together. Shay believes God has a divine purpose for her living as she escapes death several times. Due to this belief, she leads Trey to finding and understanding his purpose. The author doesn't take the usual norm in this book; but gives it an emotional touch.

Chrome Mountain is a novel that I wasn't disappointed. It is well written with enough touch of suspense. I read it without stopping as its so good and it kept my interest held from the beginning to the end. Also, I adore how Shay is a strong female lead: she is the one who even teaches Trey to fight. There are no filler chapters or gaps in the story to break concentration or make it boring. The storyline is smooth and the plot captivating enough.

I give this book a 4 out of 4 stars. The book is professionally edited as I found no errors. I recommend the book to all lovers of Science fiction and Fantasy novels.

Chrome Mountain
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like DorcasToo's review? Post a comment saying so!
He lays me besides still waters. He prepares a banquet before my enemies.
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall not fear.
For the Lord is my Shepherd
:techie-reference:

niles9695
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by niles9695 » 17 Sep 2018, 12:53

The perfect things of critical situation is most convenient teaching lesson of ourself lifes. Everything is new to learn and grow your nature of attention to fear of facing or defending lik King nature.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”