Review by Taytay15 -- Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Taytay15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taytay15.html
Latest Review: The Elf Coup - Book Three of the Magi Charter by Jordan David

Review by Taytay15 -- Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Taytay15 » 09 Sep 2018, 22:06

[Following is a volunteer review of "Chrome Mountain" by Ben Schneider.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

’Chrome Mountain is about a Couple trying to escape the clutches of the Chrome Falcons. Trey is a scientist that invented a machine that the Chrome Falcons want. They are willing to kill to get Trey in their grasp. They think his invention will help them take over the world. Sonya is a former member of the Screamon Demons biker gang on the run from their bloodthirsty leader, Levi North. After escaping Levi one night Sonya visited a friend she’s known since high school. Receiving a phone call from her grandmother Sonya decided she needed to go spend some time with her. The Screamon Demons are after Sonya for being a deserter. The friend that Sonya saw, had called and told Sonya that the bikers were coming for her. So Sonya left and on her travels to find a new home she ended up saving Trey’s life.

I would rate Chrome Mountain. a 4 out of 4 stars. The subtle way Ben Schneider switches from character to character made it easy to read and understand. There was just enough action in the story to keep everyone’s attention. The author did a very good job writing with great detail. The knowledge that the author gained from being in the Air Force served him well in writing this book.

This book would be well suited for those who truly enjoy reading about action filled adventures. Those that like to see the humbled underdog accomplish great feats they never thought possible. People who like reading about heroism would find this book fun to read.

The least favorable character is, in my opinion Levi North. He doesn't think twice about killing, torturing, or rapping anybody. The degrading remarks from him and the rest of the bikers are very realistic in how some men actually treat women. The other villains in this story are the Chrome Falcon's. They are a group of terrorists who don't think people deserve freedom. They want to be the rulers of the world. It started with an ex-military guy hating the way his country was being run. He thought he could do better.

Chrome Mountain was the ultimate action/adventure novel. Ben Schneider did an amazing job capturing Sonya as a strong woman. I liked that she fell in love with a nerdy type guy. Usually the description of the male lead is handsome, kind of like a perfect man. I’m glad this male lead was described as a nerdy, not extremely attractive man, but not a very ugly guy either.

Chrome Mountain
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Taytay15's review? Post a comment saying so!

BriennaiJ
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briennaij.html
Latest Review: If life stinks get your head outta your buts by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by BriennaiJ » 17 Sep 2018, 15:42

Thanks for the informative review. Levi North definitely sounds like a horrible villain, even if he is semi-realistic. I might pick this one up!

jcoad
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jcoad.html
Latest Review: The Broadcast by Liam Fialkov

Post by jcoad » 17 Sep 2018, 21:29

Sounds like quite a few things going on in this story. Interesting concept and characters, I'll think I will add this one to my list. Thanks for the great review!

Catevanne22
2018 Reading Goal: 30
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 36
Favorite Book: Pancake Money
Currently Reading: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks: A Physician's Advice
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catevanne22.html
Latest Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Post by Catevanne22 » 30 Sep 2018, 14:27

This sounds like a fun read. I like the way you portrayed the characters as well. I like action adventure books and believe I would enjoy this.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”