Official Review: Time Framed by Roger Chiocchi

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Re: Official Review: Time Framed by Roger Chiocchi

Post by revna01 »

Your opening paragraph is captivating. Congrats on undertaking such a lengthy read! I do like time travel or time influencing in this case and think this book would both fascinate and confuse me (altering timelines tends to do that to me lol). Great review!
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

kandscreeley wrote: 30 Aug 2018, 11:44
kdstrack wrote: 30 Aug 2018, 11:14 Great review! This book sounds very intriguing. I enjoy time travel and this seems like a unique approach to the topic. I'll probably with the physics section, but sounds like it's worth it. Thanks.
The physics section honestly didn't take up THAT much of the book. It would be easy to skim for the important parts without missing too much. Thanks for your comment.
Wheeww!! That makes this book even more inviting!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

SABRADLEY wrote: 30 Aug 2018, 12:24 Your opening paragraph is captivating. Congrats on undertaking such a lengthy read! I do like time travel or time influencing in this case and think this book would both fascinate and confuse me (altering timelines tends to do that to me lol). Great review!
I understand the confusion. I was very glad, though, that the author delineated everything so clearly. Thanks for commenting.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

I enjoy a book with a complex journey through the subject of altering time that includes some supernatural elements. The thought that this book is confusing with too many characters, I decided to bypass reading it. I'm glad you enjoyed reading this book and you want more books from this author. Thanks for the candid review.
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Dolor wrote: 30 Aug 2018, 19:58 I enjoy a book with a complex journey through the subject of altering time that includes some supernatural elements. The thought that this book is confusing with too many characters, I decided to bypass reading it. I'm glad you enjoyed reading this book and you want more books from this author. Thanks for the candid review.
It is complex, but what time altering story isn't? You're dealing with the past, the present and any alternate realities that are created. :) Thanks for stopping by. I love your profile pic.
—Neil Gaiman
Amanda Deck
Currently Reading: A Sight For Psychic Eyes
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-deck.html
Latest Review: Winds of Fall by Alberto Mercado

Post by Amanda Deck »

I'm reading this now and liking it a lot. About the physics, I just came from discussing this with a friend because I find it so fascinating! The only reason I'm on here and not reading it at this moment is because I had to charge my Kindle. You don't have to do that with books...
Amanda Deck

Post by Amanda Deck »

Though I admit, I dislike the sexual perversions even knowing it's in response to what happened to the guy when he was young. I won't skip the physics, the science, the philosophical musings of alternate timelines, but that stuff I don't mind skipping.
Schroedinger's cat experiment always bothered me even besides the sheer inhumanity of the idea. I don't see that we can consider any of that 'proof' of anything since it's a thought experiment. And simply claiming that it's not understandable because it's counter-intuitive doesn't quite strike me as a good enough explanation. After all, things that are wrong are often counter-intuitive too.
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Amanda Deck wrote: 30 Sep 2019, 17:53 I'm reading this now and liking it a lot. About the physics, I just came from discussing this with a friend because I find it so fascinating! The only reason I'm on here and not reading it at this moment is because I had to charge my Kindle. You don't have to do that with books...
It was interesting. I appreciated the unique take on time travel. I hope you enjoy even you get a chance to finish it!
—Neil Gaiman
Amanda Deck

Post by Amanda Deck »

I have never read a book with so many giggling men in my life.
And poor Ship! This is one of the reasons my son insisted that he would never invent, or even investigate, a means for time travel.
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Amanda Deck wrote: 01 Oct 2019, 19:42 I have never read a book with so many giggling men in my life.
And poor Ship! This is one of the reasons my son insisted that he would never invent, or even investigate, a means for time travel.
I like time travel, but it makes my head spin.
—Neil Gaiman
Nisha Ward
Favorite Author: Garth Nix
Favorite Book: Binti Home
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 321
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-ward.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer
Reading Device: B0794RHPZD
fav_author_id: 4351

Post by Nisha Ward »

If I were to pick this up, I'd have to skip the physics part, to be honest. As much as I love the sciences, anything beyond high school physics tends to go over my head. Though, I am curious as to how the timeline is affected without time travel.
"...while a book has got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the reader it's got to be worthwhile from the point of view of the writer as well." - Terry Pratchett on The Last Continent and his writing.
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Nisha Ward wrote: 15 Oct 2019, 07:45 If I were to pick this up, I'd have to skip the physics part, to be honest. As much as I love the sciences, anything beyond high school physics tends to go over my head. Though, I am curious as to how the timeline is affected without time travel.
I understand. I'm not really smart even it comes to physics myself. It's an interesting concept, though. Thanks.
—Neil Gaiman

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”