Review by capricornius16 -- Superhighway by Alex Fayman

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
capricornius16
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-capricornius16.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Review by capricornius16 -- Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by capricornius16 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I finished reading Superhighway a few days ago and I decided to take some time before I write a review as this is going to be my first ever review of a book. You know what? I’m actually glad that I chose this title.

Superhighway is a sci-fi/fantasy novel written by Alex Fayman and is presented in the first person view of the young protagonist named Alexander “Alex” Fine. He was raised in an orphanage and, as a child, had the unfortunate experience of two failed adoptions. Alex eventually grew up to be a beautiful, brilliant young man in the orphanage. One day, he accidentally discovered a unique set of abilities that will alter his life forever and maybe help him find the answer about his true identity.

As he became acquainted with his new powers, he was presented with more questions about his parents and why, out of all the people in the world, was he the one granted with this incredible gift. Learning how to use his newfound powers on the fly, he embarks on an adventure that brings him to different parts of the world all the while taking down the bad guys, helping people, and getting the girl.

I have to say that this book pulled me back to the time when I had somewhat similar fantasies as a kid, daydreaming of having superpowers and going to places I have only dreamed of. And like any good superhero story, it also poses some questions. What would you do if you have powers that could change the world? Will you use it for good or not?

Superhighway is a joy to read. I was hooked with Alex’s adventure and it’s definitely a page turner for me. What I also find good in this book is that it doesn’t try to be overly complicated by bombarding you with subplot after subplot that you’d get lost in the story. The author succeeds in making the story as straightforward as possible with enough twists and turns to keep the interest of the reader. If anything, what bothered me was just how too casual the protagonist is in some circumstances especially when thrust into new surroundings way different from what he’s used to. After all, he had only known the confines of the orphanage for most of his life and never really had friends. Anyway, this could really just be nitpicking on my part and in no way diminishes that fact that I liked and thoroughly enjoyed this book. It’s well-written and I didn’t find any grammatical errors in it as well.

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone that likes a good adventure story. It’s a trilogy by the way and I can’t wait to read book two. Despite some issues I have mentioned, Superhighway is still an excellent read and I’m giving it 4 out of 4 stars.

Superhighway
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like capricornius16's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”