Official Review: Ancient Enemies Future Heroes

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
topdan30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topdan30.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
2024 Reading Goal: 798
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Official Review: Ancient Enemies Future Heroes

Post by topdan30 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Ancient Enemies Future Heroes" by Kurt Smolek.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Ancient Enemies Future Heroes is a novel by Kurt Smolek. He combined history with some Sci-Fi twist and turn. He was assisted by his 11-year-old son Bret and 13-year-old daughter Hannah. This book included well-known histories and ancient mysteries. I recommend this book to lovers of Sci-Fi/Fantasy.

There is an ancient alien group which are planning revenge to extinct the human race. They are called the Tall Grey alien. Celdar Jeurgians (CJ) an half alien and Tembo Glazier (Grim) a marine brought together a group of special individuals in a fight for revenge and survival against the Tall Grey alien. The group is made up of a jaguar (Jax), zoologist (Spitfire), farm boy (Powerhouse), sorcerer (Spellbinder), mermaid (Aquarius), and a heartbroken monster (Bigfoot). The team is called Infectus Phytor. They are out to prevent history from repeating itself. They cannot do it alone as they are outnumbered. There is a saying that “enemy of my enemy is my ally”. They gather all they can as they take the fight to the Tall Grey alien. What is the future of humanity? Will the team succeed? Will they survive? Only a read will tell.

The book also contains another story called Galaxy Defenders by Bret Smolek (age 11). The story is about a team of super humans out to save the galaxy from alien intruders. The journey led them to the Infectus Phytors.

The author did a great job with this book. At first, I was discouraged by the author’s writing style but as the story continues I fell in love with the book. There was less dialogue in the book as the author did more of storytelling. Despite more storytelling, the book is still quite interesting and enjoyable.

Kurt Smolek included comprehensive details of each character that made up the team. He also built the profile of each member of the team with precision and perfection. I can boldly say that each team member’s story is believable with various details included in the book. Each team member was given a nickname which reflects their character. This is a genius and welcome idea from the author.

There were so many introductions of history and fantasy in this book. These histories and fantasies were tailored to blend with the storyline appropriately. Bermuda Triangle, David and Goliath, mermaid, just to name a few were included in this book. These made the book interesting and absorbing. I love the story of how mermaid came into existence that the author provided in this book.

This book was not professionally edited. There were so many typographical errors all through this book. This book is in need of further editing.

I rate Ancient Enemies Future Heroes 3 out of 4 stars. A star was deducted because it was not professionally edited. The storyline is an interesting one.

Ancient Enemies Future Heroes
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like topdan30's review? Post a comment saying so!
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

I really love the idea of a family collaboration. Hopefully, they will take your suggestion and edit to improve the book. Thanks for your interesting review.
AmySmiles
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Dana Peters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysmiles.html
Latest Review: Sex Education for Adults Secrets to Amazing Sex and Happily Ever After Too by John Wilder
fav_author_id: 154082

Post by AmySmiles »

I like that he included his children in writing the book. I bet their imaginations ran wild. Thanks for the review.
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3038
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Kibet Hillary »

This is very nice. Thanks for the nice review. It is profound. It seems that the book has many little stories in it, right? I will consider reading it since it appears that it is intriguing. I hope that the book will be edited again.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
sharkyjen998
Favorite Book: Apollo's Raven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharkyjen998.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by sharkyjen998 »

Thank you for your review. I was unsure about reading this book, but your explanation of the author's vivid storytelling and character depth makes me want to give this book a try! I'm a big fan of the ancient alien theory, so I can't wait to let the adventures unfold!
topdan30
Currently Reading:

Post by topdan30 »

sharkyjen998 wrote: 08 Aug 2018, 21:08 Thank you for your review. I was unsure about reading this book, but your explanation of the author's vivid storytelling and character depth makes me want to give this book a try! I'm a big fan of the ancient alien theory, so I can't wait to let the adventures unfold!
I am happy you enjoyed the review. Try give the book a read.
topdan30
Currently Reading:

Post by topdan30 »

Kibetious wrote: 07 Aug 2018, 13:26 This is very nice. Thanks for the nice review. It is profound. It seems that the book has many little stories in it, right? I will consider reading it since it appears that it is intriguing. I hope that the book will be edited again.
You should sure have a read. Am glad you like the review
topdan30
Currently Reading:

Post by topdan30 »

AmySmiles wrote: 07 Aug 2018, 13:11 I like that he included his children in writing the book. I bet their imaginations ran wild. Thanks for the review.
There were so many wild imaginations. A nice idea from the author.A happy you enjoy the review
Nma26
Currently Reading: Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nma26.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Nma26 »

An ancient alien group planing revenge to extinct the human race? Sounds like a movie.I want to read this book.
C-Extra22
Currently Reading: Blessed By the darkness
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c-extra22.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by C-Extra22 »

I don't like the fact that it had so many typographical errors.I might have read it if not for the errors.Thanks for the review.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”