Official Review: The Wagon Driver by David Berardelli

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bonnie Shelby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bonnie-shelby.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Re: Official Review: The Wagon Driver by David Berardelli

Post by Bonnie Shelby »

JR Mercier wrote: 04 Aug 2018, 05:20 I have been getting more and more into sci-fi and the futuristic setting makes this sound brilliant. Loved your review.
Thank you for commenting! :tiphat:
Abigail R
Currently Reading: The Problem of Pain
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abigail-r.html
Latest Review: My Prism Window by P. A. Schweizer

Post by Abigail R »

Sounds like a very intriguing read. Kyle sounds like a great character. Thanks for the review!
Bonnie Shelby
Currently Reading:

Post by Bonnie Shelby »

abigailray1013 wrote: 06 Aug 2018, 11:40 Sounds like a very intriguing read. Kyle sounds like a great character. Thanks for the review!
It was an intriguing book. Thanks for reading and commenting on my review :)
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

Ha ha, never ever do as you are told? That's a good one. Thanks for the captivating review!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Bonnie Shelby
Currently Reading:

Post by Bonnie Shelby »

Cotwani wrote: 06 Aug 2018, 14:19 Ha ha, never ever do as you are told? That's a good one. Thanks for the captivating review!
Thank you for reading :-D
Jgideon
Favorite Book: Gates to Tangier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgideon.html
Latest Review: Sundays with Sister ssj by Anthony Happy LaRiccia

Post by Jgideon »

Survivalist stories are always good to read. Too bad the main character has not been developed quite well but I am happy that you enjoyed the book. Great review.
Bonnie Shelby
Currently Reading:

Post by Bonnie Shelby »

Jgideon wrote: 06 Aug 2018, 22:42 Survivalist stories are always good to read. Too bad the main character has not been developed quite well but I am happy that you enjoyed the book. Great review.
Thanks for commenting - I appreciate it!
meadhbh
Currently Reading: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meadhbh.html
Latest Review: The Last Rite by Chad Morgan

Post by meadhbh »

As someone who lives in a country with free public health care, America's health care system terrifies me as is, and this seems like something that is scarily close to reality. Great review!
Bonnie Shelby
Currently Reading:

Post by Bonnie Shelby »

meadhbh wrote: 08 Aug 2018, 17:36 As someone who lives in a country with free public health care, America's health care system terrifies me as is, and this seems like something that is scarily close to reality. Great review!
Thank you for commenting! I think the most terrifying part of this book, though, was that the government was successful in taking away America's Second Amendment. If the people had had the ability to defend themselves, the government never would've been able to reach that level of control and destruction. People had no freedom whatsoever, and that was the part that scared me.
Julie Green
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-green.html
Latest Review: Fate Line by Marc J. Seifer

Post by Julie Green »

Wow, great review and what a terrifying book for such an understated title. I would not have given this book a second glance were it not for your review!
Bonnie Shelby
Currently Reading:

Post by Bonnie Shelby »

Julie Green wrote: 12 Aug 2018, 06:09 Wow, great review and what a terrifying book for such an understated title. I would not have given this book a second glance were it not for your review!
Thank you! I was unaware of how serious the content of the book would be before I read it also.
RT_offscript
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rt-offscript.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by RT_offscript »

Thanks for your review! Although David Berardelli's "The Wagon Driver" sounds like a thought-provoking book, the story is so dark; but I admire that the author focuses on the difficulties of having a strong moral sense in a dystopian world - where disregarding one's values might be the easier choice.
Bonnie Shelby
Currently Reading:

Post by Bonnie Shelby »

RT_offscript wrote: 14 Aug 2018, 18:26 Thanks for your review! Although David Berardelli's "The Wagon Driver" sounds like a thought-provoking book, the story is so dark; but I admire that the author focuses on the difficulties of having a strong moral sense in a dystopian world - where disregarding one's values might be the easier choice.
Thanks so much for commenting! I agree that it was pretty dark, but there were also some light moments of humor thrown in to help ease some of the tension. And yes, the author did a great job focusing on those back and forth views of Kyle's moral sense of right and wrong. You could really see the struggle, but ultimately, doing the right thing won out :)
RT_offscript
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rt-offscript.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by RT_offscript »

Bonnie Shelby wrote: 15 Aug 2018, 09:48
RT_offscript wrote: 14 Aug 2018, 18:26 Thanks for your review! Although David Berardelli's "The Wagon Driver" sounds like a thought-provoking book, the story is so dark; but I admire that the author focuses on the difficulties of having a strong moral sense in a dystopian world - where disregarding one's values might be the easier choice.
Thanks so much for commenting! I agree that it was pretty dark, but there were also some light moments of humor thrown in to help ease some of the tension. And yes, the author did a great job focusing on those back and forth views of Kyle's moral sense of right and wrong. You could really see the struggle, but ultimately, doing the right thing won out :)
Hi Bonnie -

I am glad to hear that David Berardelli included some light humor in "The Wagon Driver." By doing so, I think that the author will increase his readership for his interesting story. :)

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”