Official Review: The Resurrection Stones by G J Busiko

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
daydreaming reader
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daydreaming-reader.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Re: Official Review: The Resurrection Stones by G J Busiko

Post by daydreaming reader »

There seems to be a lot going on in this book and, it is certainly intriguing. Great review!
"Without chaos, there can be no order"
- Heath D. Alberts
"You must have chaos within you to give birth to a dancing star."
Friedrich Nietzsche
JuliaKay
Currently Reading: The Black Witch
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliakay.html
Latest Review: I Am Not Gog by Matthew James Hunt

Post by JuliaKay »

kandscreeley wrote: 30 Jul 2018, 09:59 Wow! You're right. The cover is a bit boring, but it's nothing like what you describe. This sounds like it has a little bit of everything. Some aliens, some adventure, some mystery. Definitely one worth looking into! Thanks for the review.
I was pleasantly surprised by this story.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”
― George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons
JuliaKay

Post by JuliaKay »

Cecilia_L wrote: 30 Jul 2018, 16:42 While I do typically avoid alien stories, your excellent review has me reconsidering. Thanks for the recommendation!
I believe since the aliens were not the central focus it this story, it made it a lot better for me. Thank were almost like a tickle in the back of my mind.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”
kfwilson6
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

A blueprint of a dead woman uploaded to the alien consciousness? Sounds quite interesting. I agree, the cover could have been more interesting, but the title is intriguing!
Long Que
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Long Que »

anything with aliens is my thing
JuliaKay

Post by JuliaKay »

kfwilson6 wrote: 30 Jul 2018, 20:08 A blueprint of a dead woman uploaded to the alien consciousness? Sounds quite interesting. I agree, the cover could have been more interesting, but the title is intriguing!
I loved the uploaded blueprint angle!
JuliaKay

Post by JuliaKay »

Long Que wrote: 31 Jul 2018, 03:44 anything with aliens is my thing
You might enjoy this one!
Anon_Reviewer
Favorite Book: A Thousand Splendid Suns
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anon-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Anon_Reviewer »

I am also guilty of judging books by their covers. I shall be sure to start reading the blurbs from now on. I find this valley/ Shambhala place very intriguing so, I'll try the book out. Strangely enough, I've never read a book about aliens but I guess there is a first time for everything. :D Thank for the great review!
Dahmy 10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dahmy-10.html
Latest Review: First Family by Alice Langholt

Post by Dahmy 10 »

There are quite a good number of mixtures added to this story that must make it so tantalizing. Aliens? I think this would make any boring day I get excited reading about aliens...

Thanks for this honest information!
JuliaKay

Post by JuliaKay »

Ever_Reading wrote: 01 Aug 2018, 02:01 I am also guilty of judging books by their covers. I shall be sure to start reading the blurbs from now on. I find this valley/ Shambhala place very intriguing so, I'll try the book out. Strangely enough, I've never read a book about aliens but I guess there is a first time for everything. :D Thank for the great review!
Haha! Thank you. And first time for everything!
JuliaKay

Post by JuliaKay »

Dahmy 10 wrote: 01 Aug 2018, 06:48 There are quite a good number of mixtures added to this story that must make it so tantalizing. Aliens? I think this would make any boring day I get excited reading about aliens...

Thanks for this honest information!
You're welcome! It did have a lot of great elements.
Abigail R
Currently Reading: The Problem of Pain
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abigail-r.html
Latest Review: My Prism Window by P. A. Schweizer

Post by Abigail R »

I don't think I have ever read an alien book but this may have to be my first. Great review, thank you!

Also, I have always been guilty of judging books by their covers!
Mary WhiteFace
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Stranger in a Strange Land
Currently Reading: Elemental Magic
Bookshelf Size: 384
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-whiteface.html
Latest Review: Bravehorse Adventures by Louise Cleveland
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Mary WhiteFace »

I saw that a few people say they were expecting a non-fiction based on the cover. You mention that the aliens are more of a background presence than major characters. For a fleeting moment, I had a sensation that it was intentional. You do realize that in reality "they" would want to remain incognito, only slightly on the edge between fiction and non-fiction.

Ok, go ahead and laugh. I am. See what happens to my thought processes when I jump on here and begin commenting before I'm fully awake. My mind is still in dream mode.
I need coffee. :coffee3-smiley:

Seriously tho, I truly enjoyed your review. The Resurrection Stones sound like my type of narrative. I love books that hover right on that edge of feasible and fantasy. It keeps my imagination active and open to the adventures that true life has to offer. There is so much more going on than what we can immediately perceive. Oops, there I go again...rambling.
:topic:

Where was I? Yes, your review. Enlightening, thorough, entertaining and convincing. I will absolutely be checking out this book, and any others in the series I'm sure.

I hope you don't mind my rambling and flights of fancy. I almost didn't post my comments, but then decided, "Why not?" I had so much fun writing it, and it's not too often that I will be able to get away with silly babbling...lol

On a more serious note: Please excuse me while I grab a cup of that black medicine and contemplate the possibility of the reality of The Resurrection Stones and what that could mean in the grand scope of things.

:coffee1-smiley:
I've got the feeling that today will be a fun one. 💕
JuliaKay

Post by JuliaKay »

Tiny_Turtle wrote: 29 Aug 2018, 08:29 I saw that a few people say they were expecting a non-fiction based on the cover. You mention that the aliens are more of a background presence than major characters. For a fleeting moment, I had a sensation that it was intentional. You do realize that in reality "they" would want to remain incognito, only slightly on the edge between fiction and non-fiction.

Ok, go ahead and laugh. I am. See what happens to my thought processes when I jump on here and begin commenting before I'm fully awake. My mind is still in dream mode.
I need coffee. :coffee3-smiley:

Seriously tho, I truly enjoyed your review. The Resurrection Stones sound like my type of narrative. I love books that hover right on that edge of feasible and fantasy. It keeps my imagination active and open to the adventures that true life has to offer. There is so much more going on than what we can immediately perceive. Oops, there I go again...rambling.
:topic:

Where was I? Yes, your review. Enlightening, thorough, entertaining and convincing. I will absolutely be checking out this book, and any others in the series I'm sure.

I hope you don't mind my rambling and flights of fancy. I almost didn't post my comments, but then decided, "Why not?" I had so much fun writing it, and it's not too often that I will be able to get away with silly babbling...lol

On a more serious note: Please excuse me while I grab a cup of that black medicine and contemplate the possibility of the reality of The Resurrection Stones and what that could mean in the grand scope of things.

:coffee1-smiley:
I've got the feeling that today will be a fun one. 💕
:D My favorite comment ever! I do think the aliens in this story were intended to remain in the background, but I suspect they will play a more vital role in the sequel. Enjoy your coffee!
Sweet Psamy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sweet-psamy.html
Latest Review: Lost and Love: Thailand (Book One of the Lost and Love Series) by Stella Knights

Post by Sweet Psamy »

Alien stories are fun to read.I'm glad you enjoyed the story.I almost had the same attitude towards the cover page.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”