Official Review: World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kajori Sheryl Paul
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 974
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajori-sheryl-paul.html
Latest Review: Alien Bonds by Carmen Webster Buxton

Re: Official Review: World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo

Post by Kajori Sheryl Paul »

On the outset, 'World Incorporated' seems like an action-packed dystopian thriller. However, if we pay a bit attention, we will see that the story is set in 2058, which is just forty years down the line. This makes us wonder about where the world is heading and think about the changes that we should make.

Thank you, Yolimari for this amazingly detailed review. I will surely try to check it out.
ngoccanh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48

Post by ngoccanh »

I love a dystopian story and add complex characters to that, and I'm hooked! I'm glad that this one is so well done.thanks
Taekwondoqueen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taekwondoqueen.html
Latest Review: World, Incorporated by Tom Gariffo

Post by Taekwondoqueen »

This books sounds wonderful! I am actually reviewing this book next and I read this to get a good idea of what a great review looks like and I think that you have very much helped me with that. I promise not to steal any of your ideas, I only read this so as to get a better understanding. Thank you so very much for writing this review.
HollandBlue
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hollandblue.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by HollandBlue »

Not much into sci-fi, but this one seems interesting because of the possibility of the story becoming a reality. Scary as the thought is, corporations running the world, maybe this book can help us from making it real. Thanks for your review. Congrats BOTM!
:techie-studyinggray: when I get a little money I buy books; and if I have any left l buy food and clothes
Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamas
(1466-1536)
jcoad
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jcoad.html
Latest Review: True Blue Friend by Roy DeMauro

Post by jcoad »

I'm not sure I could ever give this book 4 stars after suffering through the chapter with the newspaper articles. That was enough to bring an avid reader to their knees. The idea behind the book was clever but I found the story too oversimplified with no real drama or suspense. I would have loved to know how the actual world lived behind the tiny portion we saw when Sliver was sent out on a job.
Book Bear
Currently Reading: Earth Alone
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-bear.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: B0184OCGAK

Post by Book Bear »

Thanks. I'm going to read this on the basis of this review.
maxwellwilliams
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by maxwellwilliams »

Book review:world incorporated by tom Gariffo
The book scene is identified and captured in the united states whereby organisations which were super powered
took over the nation and the rest of the nation. was in the year of 2058 whereby human beings were no longer considered as citizens of the nation but were treated as slaves.Human beings in real sense were consumers rather producers.due to organisation taking over the nation and the world ,united states fall due to its inability to manage its economy.

in the book, a character by name silver has done unpleasant work for four years an became the CEO of the world,to him a job was nothing at all and he did not care at all.he saved Kelly.he had misterious feelings of his past that made him have the only feeling of killing the CEO called Ancarn of the Multinational.the book used dilemma as a stylistic device which give a lot of questions about the next move or action of Agent silver.

the book as written by Tom Garrifo,world,incorporated.the book consist of 286 pages and also consist of world version with styles of science fiction.

the very interesting things in the book is the styles and themes used that made this story interesting.for example a mediocre government on deadlock and fall of united states.this gives us a foreshadow of the oncoming world of today.

as i read this book i enjoyed the characters for example agent silver who is a cold blood an a killer.the Shredders in this book symbolize those people in the united states who go against the law which was termed as status quo.

i give this book World incorporated,Tom Garrifo 3 out of 4 stars.i recommend this book to people who are not sensitive readers but those who are big fans of action thriller .
Raya raymond
Currently Reading: One for the Road
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raya-raymond.html
Latest Review: Triumph Over Tears by Nava Chernoff

Post by Raya raymond »

I love your unique writing style, dystopian stories give me the creeps but I love your review
da bradan
Currently Reading: The Warramunga's War
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by da bradan »

Yeah, great story and beautiful characters. Thanks
Shanna29
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shanna29.html
Latest Review: Final Notice by Van Fleisher
Reading Device: B01DZJFWNC

Post by Shanna29 »

Sci-fi and action is my kind of book. I am adding this to my reading list. It's a wonderful review and I could feel how much you loved the book. Thanks for the review.
judtmoore
Currently Reading: The Great Inception
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by judtmoore »

Sooo excited about reading this book. As I was reading the review, I couldn't help but think about the first time I saw Stanley Kubrick's "A Clockwork Orange." Dystopian fantasy is one of my favorite genres. Everyone needs a little grit on their bookshelf.
wendos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wendos.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by wendos »

I am thinking about the world's future already. Its hard to imagine a world submerged in an economic meltdown and social unrest. need to read it.
wendos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wendos.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by wendos »

I am thinking about the world's future already. Its hard to imagine a world submerged in an economic meltdown and social unrest. need to read it.
mani_123
Currently Reading: The Mystery Of Flight 2222
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by mani_123 »

Very captivating storyline which is set in the future. This seems full of thrills and actions. This review has convinced me to give this book the time it seems to deserve. I hope I stay hooked to the book till the very end. Thank you for your detailed review.
Siron Orothy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-siron-orothy.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's Aftermath of War by Greg Kater
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Siron Orothy »

I have come to notice that whichever path one chooses to tride on there is an event,happening or individual which forces or induces one to change one's mentality. I am curious about the storyline, Sliver and Kelly while discovering the writer's perspective about life.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”