Fool Moon -Jim Butcher (dresden files #2) spoilers

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Zoey37
Bookshelf Size: 0

Fool Moon -Jim Butcher (dresden files #2) spoilers

Post by Zoey37 »

I went into this series not quite sure what to expect. But now after the second book I am not disappointed in the snark level that Butcher passes on to his main character Harry and i hope ot continues throughout the series.

That being said this book balanced out mystery and magic in a current world in way that not a lot of authors (that I've read thus far) can. Which makes me excited to see what comes next.

The fact that Butcher touched base on so many different types of wolves/werewolves/lycanthropes made it that much more interesting; that it wasnt just your run of the mill were wolf silver bullets thing.

As much as I like the series so far I hope we get to find out more of why he thinks hes so powerful or see some other wizards just to give us a fair gauge of his power not juat his opinion. Like Lt. Murphy says at one point he is a bit egotistical.

What are your thoughts?
DakotaA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dakotaa.html
Latest Review: Purgatory's Angel by B Hughes-Millman

Post by DakotaA »

I'm a fan of The Dresden Files. I think Harry is a brilliant character and that the whole magical world is well constructed. Although I'm not completely caught up with the books, if you keep on reading you should find the answers to those questions. He's definitely a bit egotistical but I think he is usually brought down to earth during his adventures/cases and so it doesn't bother me.

The books are easy to read and there are LOADS of them so it's a good recommendation for anybody who likes to read during their work commute!
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus
plwhittle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-plwhittle.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by plwhittle »

I too enjoy Jim Butcher’s Dresden series. It has been so enjoyable to experience Harry’s growth and character development over the years. The series just sucked me in from the start and I have devoured them. My only complaint is having to wait so long for the next book.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”