Official Review: Xenophobia by Peter Cawdron

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Samy Lax
Currently Reading: 100 Ways to Motivate Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samy-lax.html
Latest Review: Chats with God in Underwear by Eduardo Chapunoff

Re: Official Review: Xenophobia by Peter Cawdron

Post by Samy Lax »

I love amazing books like these. It assures you that you aren't wasting precious time on it. What's also attractive about the book is the lack of too many grammatical errors. Don't we all want to read books like that!

Great review. Enjoyed reading it!
“...in principle and reality, libraries are life-enhancing palaces of wonder.”
― Gail Honeyman, Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
JR Mercier
Favorite Book: The Bear and the Nightingale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jr-mercier.html
Latest Review: Betrayal by Maggie Walsh

Post by JR Mercier »

Espie wrote: 12 Jul 2018, 04:33 Science fiction is one of the genres I'd usually choose over the others. I also believe in the book's premise of inclusion and acceptance of differences and uniqueness in attaining harmony and peace. Thank you for your enlightening review.
This is honestly such a beautiful comment and I am 100% behind you on that. We all need peace and the only way to achieve that is to celebrate our differences.
Dream up something wild and improbable.
-Strange The Dreamer, Laini Taylor
JR Mercier
Currently Reading:

Post by JR Mercier »

MICHAEL HASSAN wrote: 12 Jul 2018, 05:23 Thanks for the amazing review, i m always pleased for fiction books that discusses deep issues. wow it's nice
It is. I feel that the best way to write is when you can get your reader to feel and think about ways to improve the real world.
JR Mercier
Currently Reading:

Post by JR Mercier »

Lu_rire wrote: 12 Jul 2018, 08:50 This sounds like a great book to read particularly if you like science fiction. I don't and I am already curious about the story and characters. Thanks for a great review.
I know! I don't read as much sci-fi but this was a great read. I hope you pick it up too. :tiphat:
JR Mercier
Currently Reading:

Post by JR Mercier »

Morgan Jones wrote: 12 Jul 2018, 10:17 Seems like it will be a very insightful read so I may give it a shot. Thank you for the great review!
Thank you very much and I hope you like it. :tiphat:
JR Mercier
Currently Reading:

Post by JR Mercier »

Asavela wrote: 12 Jul 2018, 17:59 The book sounds so sad and as a South African i feel guilty for having witnessed xenophobia and did nothing. On the other hand iam totally against it and always teach people that we all brothers and sisters. Peace and love.
I'm also from SA and I remember the xenophobia attacks in Durban. I'm glad I never witnessed it but it was such an awful time and I remember how scared we all were. I love South Africa and I think you understand when I say that our country just has something wonderful about it. We are dealing with a lot but I hope and pray that we will succeed in loving one another because I love our damn country :lol2: SA has such wonderful people and I see a great future ahead. And you teaching people to love one another makes a huge difference. If every person passes on one good deed imagine how great the world would be? So carry on because all that love you are sending out will make a difference. I have no doubt about it.
JR Mercier
Currently Reading:

Post by JR Mercier »

Samy Lax wrote: 12 Jul 2018, 23:14 I love amazing books like these. It assures you that you aren't wasting precious time on it. What's also attractive about the book is the lack of too many grammatical errors. Don't we all want to read books like that!

Great review. Enjoyed reading it!
Thank you so much for the kind comment and YES THE EDITING WAS GREAT. I wanted to cry tears of joy :lol: I hope you enjoy it!
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

We should celebrate our differences and unite as a human race. I wish it were that easy. Maybe we need aliens to teach us how. I remember watching "Independence Day," and getting goosebumps seeing all the viewers in the theater standing up to applaud the last scene.

The day we get rid of all our prejudices will truly be humanity's "Independence Day."

Thank you for your inspiring review.
JR Mercier
Currently Reading:

Post by JR Mercier »

Miriam Molina wrote: 14 Jul 2018, 22:55 We should celebrate our differences and unite as a human race. I wish it were that easy. Maybe we need aliens to teach us how. I remember watching "Independence Day," and getting goosebumps seeing all the viewers in the theater standing up to applaud the last scene.

The day we get rid of all our prejudices will truly be humanity's "Independence Day."

Thank you for your inspiring review.
Thank you for such a beautiful comment! :tiphat: And I hope that day comes while I'm still alive.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Wow! A science fiction book that changes your life? That sounds like a must read to me! I love that it has the two story lines going at once. The isolated Malawi and first contact with the rest of the world. Sounds interesting. Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
misatifelix
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misatifelix.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by misatifelix »

This book outlines what happens on the ground due to xenophobia in a clear way. I cant wait to know what happens when to Doctor Elizabeth Bowell and her patients after loosing contact with the rest of the world due to the failing radio.
JR Mercier
Currently Reading:

Post by JR Mercier »

kandscreeley wrote: 17 Jul 2018, 08:31 Wow! A science fiction book that changes your life? That sounds like a must read to me! I love that it has the two story lines going at once. The isolated Malawi and first contact with the rest of the world. Sounds interesting. Thanks for the review.
I don't know if it's because I live in South Africa and xenophobia attacks are so close to home, but this really touched my heart :lol2: I hope you decide to read it and that you love it as much as I did.
JR Mercier
Currently Reading:

Post by JR Mercier »

misatifelix wrote: 17 Jul 2018, 09:28 This book outlines what happens on the ground due to xenophobia in a clear way. I cant wait to know what happens when to Doctor Elizabeth Bowell and her patients after loosing contact with the rest of the world due to the failing radio.
I must say, the lost contact with the rest of the world really upped the suspense for me. Hope you enjoy it! :tiphat:

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”