Official Review: The Abduction Chronicles by Thomas L. Hay

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Aubrey Lewis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aubrey-lewis.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Official Review: The Abduction Chronicles by Thomas L. Hay

Post by Aubrey Lewis »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Abduction Chronicles" by Thomas L. Hay.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Do you believe in aliens? Are you interested in knowing more about them and as to how the term came about? If so, then this book might be for you. I’ve always been interested in abduction cases and UFO sightings; however, I never really bother to look deep into it. Perhaps I'm afraid that I might believe they really exist.

Is it sci-fi or reality? The Abduction Chronicles by Thomas L. Hay is a book that is written in a memoir conversational style about some unusual phenomena that happened in the author's life. Tom was just an ordinary guy until one day, everything changed.

The author’s writing style is light and engaging, especially because he wrote the book in a way like he’s telling the story to us readers. His sense of humor also shows in his writing, sprinkled here and there within his narrative. The book started out very interesting and the author managed to keep my attention all throughout the story. Tom’s love life had me fascinated and I learned a few helpful lessons from his experiences. I would like to say that the author did great in developing the character’s personality and story.

On the other hand, although I definitely enjoyed the book, I wouldn’t exactly call it a huge page-turner. To be honest, I was more intrigued about Tom’s life story instead of the sci-fi/adventure ones even though I've always liked reading about the latter. I think those could use a bit of more work like throwing the revelations into more slow, suspenseful scenes to help keep the pace balanced since the middle part of the book down to the end seemed to be rushed. In my opinion, I felt like everything was happening too fast.

What if aliens really do exist? This book, in a way, has opened my mind a lot towards this controversial topic. I now became more fascinated with this theory, not to mention that there have been events happening in the world that spoke of UFO sightings, abductions, and the like which has only served to fuel my curiosity.

All in all, I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I deducted one star because of the the few typos and errors I’ve encountered as well as the kind of rushed ending parts which affected the structure of the story. In conclusion, I’m recommending this book to all those sci-fi and alien lovers out there! For more information, there were a few mentions of graphic violence but nothing too drastic. I personally think interested, adventurous readers will definitely enjoy this book.

The Abduction Chronicles
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Aubrey Cana Laine's review? Post a comment saying so!
pinchess07
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Currently Reading: Zeva
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinchess07.html
Latest Review: Oblivion Threshold by J.R. Mabry and B.J. West
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by pinchess07 »

Aliens and humor are right up my alley! I'm always looking for more stuff to relax me after a long day at work.
“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”

― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Julie Green
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-green.html
Latest Review: Fate Line by Marc J. Seifer

Post by Julie Green »

Sounds like an unusual book. I saw something like a ufo, or so it seemed to me, once upon a time, so I think I might enjoy this one!
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

Hmm what if they exist? I don't know how to react should I ever be that person to run into them. Did the author mention them to be dangerous? This curiousity made me to want to read this book. Thank you for your review on this.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paiges-reads
Favorite Book: Immortals' Requiem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paiges-reads.html
Latest Review: Fish Wielder by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by Paiges-reads »

So, is this sci-fi or reality ? You never answered your own question, unless you mean to say it could only be reality if you believe in the possibility of alien abductions, in which case it does sound intreguing. I have never looked into reading about abductions or alien life, but this could be an a good starting point. Thanks for writting !
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Sci-Fi is my favorite genre, but I'm still unsure about this story. I'm not hugely into alien abduction scenarios. The few typos probably wouldn't bother me, though. I'll have to give this one some more thought. Thanks!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
MsTri
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Miranda Ann Markley
Favorite Book: The Spirit Seeds Book 1
Currently Reading: the Secret of Safe Passage
Bookshelf Size: 1033
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstri.html
Latest Review: Suddenly Free, Vol. 1 by Yvette Carmon Davis
Reading Device: B07HZHJGY7
fav_author_id: 225682

Post by MsTri »

I’ve always been interested in abduction cases and UFO sightings; however, I never really bother to look deep into it. Perhaps I'm afraid that I might believe they really exist.
Hey! You're me!...or I'm you!...or something. Ha-ha. But that statement conveys exactly how I feel, and this book therefore seems a good fit, even though the structure could use some help. Aside from the actual alien stuff, I also love books that read as if the author is just kicked back, telling their story... Thanks so much for the review! I love it!
Kendra M Parker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 421
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendra-m-parker.html
Latest Review: Requiem, Changing Times by RJ Parker
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Kendra M Parker »

This is interesting to consider the idea of whether aliens really do exist. I’m intrigued by the memoir style of the book. I probably am not going to put this on my want to read list, but this could be interesting if I find a slow spot in my reading list.
Nerea
Favorite Author: William H. Coles
Favorite Book: Diamond and Pearls
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 675
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nerea.html
Latest Review: Little White Lies by JC Anderson
Reading Device: Laptop
fav_author_id: 89641
Signature Addition: No Wahala

Post by Nerea »

Aliens. Who are they? What's their personality? Are they humans or creatures? Are they hostile? Can they harm you? I'd love to know the answers to all these questions. I'll add this book to my book shelf, want to read, schedule.
No Wahala
Faithmwangi
Currently Reading: Empowered
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithmwangi.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Faithmwangi »

I tend to be very skeptical about the existence of aliens. But maybe it's because of the minimal information and exposure I have on the topic. I am not entirely sure about this read but i may give it a try.Thanks for the review.
"Reading is essential for those who seek to rise above the ordinary.” – Jim Rohn
Eryn Bradshaw
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eryn-bradshaw.html
Latest Review: The Witchstone by Victoria Randall

Post by Eryn Bradshaw »

I've always thought aliens were real, but never really looked into any literature about them since they always seemed a bit fake to me. This book may be one I pick up though. Thanks for the review!
“Live, and be happy, and make others so.”
― Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”