Official Review: NanoMorphosis by Marla L. Anderson

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Official Review: NanoMorphosis by Marla L. Anderson

Post by kandscreeley »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "NanoMorphosis" by Marla L. Anderson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Daniel Walker has had one goal since his parents were killed by an alien race called the Garuda on the planet Mars - to find out if Tau Madea IV is really habitable. Unfortunately, it hasn't been easy to fulfill this, his parent's last mission. The world has become terrified that the Garuda will attack again, so space travel has been banned. Will Daniel be able to change minds and finally see his dream come true?

Meanwhile, a deadly pathogen has infected some of the world's population. Called T-Nanogen, it's a disease that eventually eats away at a person. Carriers have been isolated in camps to prevent the spread. Cadmon Dhyre is a brilliant scientist infected with this very disease. He is allowed out (in a limited capacity) due to his brilliance. However, the company he works for will not allow him to develop a cure. Will he defy them and find one anyway? Or will he allow thousands of people (including himself) to die at the hands of this merciless disease

Categorized as science fiction, Nanomorphosis is a thrilling story involving alien beings, space travel and nanotechnology. The tension in the book builds slowly from beginning to end, like a bicycle racing downhill. By the time you realize you're hooked, it's too late to stop.

I enjoyed the balance of science and story that this book presented. In some books of this genre, you feel the need for a doctorate before even beginning to understand the technical aspects. There was just enough in this book to help it feel real while not overwhelming the reader. This makes the book accessible to even the most remote of sci-fi lovers.

The characters in this story are varied, from the truly psychotic to the hero destined to save the world and everyone in between. The author developed the characters well. I hated the ones that I was supposed to despise and liked the ones that I was supposed to enjoy. But, I will warn you, as with any well-written book, there were times that I wanted to fling my e-reader across the room. And, the tension only builds the further you get into the story.

One further warning, there is some adult content in this book. I believe that it was written tastefully. As someone who is not into erotica nor romance, I don't think it was super-offensive. But, I still wouldn't recommend this book to anyone under 16.

I can happily report, though, that the book was well-edited. I found only 5 or 6 errors in its entirety. Therefore, I gladly rate Nanomorphosis 4 out of 4 stars. I highly recommend this to fans of suspense-filled science fiction. Just don't start thinking you're going to read this in short bursts. As the saying goes, "Once you pop, you can't stop."

NanoMorphosis
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like kandscreeley's review? Post a comment saying so!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
elivia05
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elivia05.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by elivia05 »

I have recently been getting into science fiction books, and I definitely want to give this one a chance. It sounds great!
gen_g
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gen-g.html
Latest Review: The Diary That Will Change Your Lives Forever by Georgios Zelelidis

Post by gen_g »

This sounds like an interesting read with a great premise and characters. Thanks for the review!
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

elivia05 wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 22:30 I have recently been getting into science fiction books, and I definitely want to give this one a chance. It sounds great!
I think it'd be a good one to start with. Thanks for commenting!
—Neil Gaiman
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

gen_g wrote: 15 Jun 2018, 00:03 This sounds like an interesting read with a great premise and characters. Thanks for the review!
It really was. I enjoyed it greatly. Thanks!
—Neil Gaiman
daniya__shah3
Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniya-shah3.html
Latest Review: Lonely Expiation by Siegfried Finser

Post by daniya__shah3 »

I'm quite intrigued by the book title, it makes the book stand out amongst other books, especially science fiction. I feel as if I should explore more from this area. So whenever I do that, I'll surely pick this one up.
"We are all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars."
-Oscar Wilde
Kat Berg
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading: James Baldwin
Bookshelf Size: 223
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kat-berg.html
Latest Review: Why Am I Here by Melvin Bell
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kat Berg »

I am such a fan of old-school sci-fi, that there are times when I feel like no one can live up to the standard that some of the greats set. This book does seem quite promising, and I know from your other reviews that our reading interests often overlap. I will need to check this one out! Thanks for the great review.
Bianka Walter
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Old Man and the Sea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianka-walter.html
Latest Review: Thir13en by Keegan Nielsen
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Post by Bianka Walter »

This sounds great. I love end-of-the-world stories - especially those involving incurable diseases. It's just an added bonus that this one involves space travel and alien races. RIGHT up my alley!
Thanks for the awesome review.
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss
revna01
Currently Reading: Storm Front
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-revna01.html
Latest Review: Rufus: A Boy's Extraordinary Experiences in the Civil War by Phoebe Sheldon

Post by revna01 »

I like how you noted the scaled-down technical jargon; that's important to know. I'm certainly glad at the depth of characters and the nice editing! Thanks for the great review :)
Kendra M Parker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 421
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendra-m-parker.html
Latest Review: Requiem, Changing Times by RJ Parker
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Kendra M Parker »

This sounds like such an exciting book. I love the ones that are hard to put down like this. My family dreads them, since dinner is usually late! I may have to look for a time I can read this one...
JR Mercier
Favorite Book: The Bear and the Nightingale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jr-mercier.html
Latest Review: Betrayal by Maggie Walsh

Post by JR Mercier »

"In some books of this genre, you feel the need for a doctorate before even beginning to understand the technical aspects."
YES. Perfectly said. I've only recently started reading some science fiction and I'll enjoy checking out this book. Great review.
Dream up something wild and improbable.
-Strange The Dreamer, Laini Taylor
Helen_Combe
Favorite Book: The Martian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-combe.html
Latest Review: And The Trees Began To Move by Lisa Gammon Olson
Reading Device: B00M4L4MFC

Post by Helen_Combe »

Great review, I enjoyed how you likened it to a bike going downhill. I appreciate books with good science in them, though as you say, it needs to be accessible. This looks like a book I would enjoy. Thanks.
A thesaurus is necessary, essential, indispensable, vital, crucial and fundamental.
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Thanks everyone. Science fiction is absolutely my favorite genre, but it can vary so much. I hope you all enjoy.
—Neil Gaiman
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

This one sounds really apocalyptic. I do hope Cadmon will find a cure for this killer disease. Thank you for your splendid review.
bookowlie
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

Another interesting review! I like your comparison of the building tension as if you were on a bicycle riding downhill. :) I'm glad to hear that the science stuff doesn't overwhelm the reader.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”