Official Review: Idi & the Oracle's Quest

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
nikkyteewhy
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Dues
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyteewhy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 3251

Re: Official Review: Idi & the Oracle's Quest

Post by nikkyteewhy »

Mouricia25 wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 18:46 Sounds like this could be a good book. Thank you for your review.
You are welcome
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 585
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

This book has more than its' cover has to offer. There's ringing of truth behind the phrase don't judge a book by its' cover. Your enjoyment in reading this book is contagious to me. Thank you for sharing this book with us.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
elivia05
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elivia05.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by elivia05 »

nikkyteewhy wrote: 15 Jun 2018, 16:01
elivia05 wrote: 14 Jun 2018, 22:12 This sounds interesting, but I find the cover off-putting. It reminds me of a children's book.
Well, just like they say, don't judge a book by its cover. This literally applies in this case.
I know! Everyone always says this to me, and I am trying to stop judging the books by their covers. It is just difficult sometimes. I really would love to give this book an opportunity.
nikkyteewhy
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Dues
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyteewhy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by nikkyteewhy »

ParadoxicalWoman wrote: 15 Jun 2018, 23:27 Your enjoyment in reading this book is contagious to me. Thank you for sharing this book with us.
It really one of the most interesting books I've read and reviewed I'm glad I'm contagious. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
JR Mercier
Favorite Book: The Bear and the Nightingale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jr-mercier.html
Latest Review: Betrayal by Maggie Walsh

Post by JR Mercier »

Professionally edited, a great plot, and fantasy? Sounds like a great read! Thank you for your great review.
Dream up something wild and improbable.
-Strange The Dreamer, Laini Taylor
mmphagan
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmphagan.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by mmphagan »

Thank you for your review! I'm not usually a fan of fantasy books in general, but this one was pretty interesting. You review gave a bit more insight after reading a short sample of it, so I might give it a try!
Ma Cheryll
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ma-cheryll.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Ma Cheryll »

Another exciting YA Sci-Fi book❤️ which is sure to be a hit not only to our young adult readers but to the not so young as well! Thanks for a wonderful review! Glad to know that this was said to be an easy read so as not to have would be readers a hard time🤗Thanks to the author and congrats on the #BOTD🎉
Shas F
Currently Reading: Monsters in the Hallway
Bookshelf Size: 255
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shas-f.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by Shas F »

Idi and The Oracle's Quest by T N Traynor promises to be an eventful and inspiring saga about a boy's quest to become somebody greater than who he is, meet his destiny, free himself from his own oppression and more importantly, be of help and service in finding and saving the much-awaited true king of Havenshire. He is scouted and recruited by the wizard Marcus whose own powers and status as a magician are under dispute. Marcus is to revive his own career by transforming Idi into a wizard himself. This book, the first in a series, is very much a messiah story like that of Jesus, with Idi and Marcus standing in as John the Baptist paving the way for The One. What distinguishes this story is the savior of The One will have to overcome his own limitations first before he can fulfill his mission of ensuring tge ascendancy of The One. It is great to learn from nikkyteewhy's review that the book is well-written and character-driven while promising many twists and turns in the saga. The book is meant to be for young readers in their teens who can definitely relate with Idi's journey to find the confidence to shape an emancipated and productive life and establish his identity as a person. I read in the Amazon summary that the author himself overcame his own challenges in life, so this book is a reflection of his own amazing journey to happiness and self-determination.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”