Review by Bukari -- Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bukari
Currently Reading: Everything Solid Has a Shadow
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bukari.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Review by Bukari -- Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)

Post by Bukari »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Solaris Seethes is a sci-fi story written by Janet McNulty. The author started writing novels at an early age. The book is in the genre of Sci-fi. Every mystery has a beginning. Marlow is the grandfather of Rynah. Marlow has passed Solaris over to Rynah. Solaris is a ship that can communicate to her crew boarding the ship. Solaris is not the name of the vessel, but the wired computer in the ship that controls the movement of the ship and also helps the crew to communicate. After escaping the destruction of her home planet, Lanyr, the mysterious Solaris would help Rynah to accomplish the aim of stabilizing Lanyr.

Well, the battle cannot be conquered by Solaris and Rynah alone. So, Solaris the mysterious computer summoned four heroes to help them succeed in the struggle for safety. The four people are; Tom, Alfric, Brie, and Solon. They are all from different planets. Klanor is Rynah’s ex-boyfriend and the main antagonist in this novel. He took away the crystal that maintained the stability and the magnetic field of the planet, Lanyr, therefore making the planet unstable for its inhabitants to survive.

I like the way Solaris embraced the task given to her by her inventor, Marlow. She helped Marlow's granddaughter to embark on risky journeys. She is the computer that controls the movement of the ship, and she also helps to communicate telepathically with her passengers. I also do like how the four heroes collaborated in their missions. However, Brie is a character in the story that made their tasks somehow stubborn for them. She was a timid teenager, and I am unsurprised by her behavior because this is obvious to teenagers. I think Solaris is extraordinary because it moves by water, land, and or air. That is fascinating to me as I imagined how that could exist in reality.

I also like the fact that the author presented images in the chapters. That also helped me to figure out the different planets Solaris traveled at a particular time. I like the way Alfric exhibited his combating skills. I will describe this novel as a novel full of combats and piracy. I had an excellent time reading the story. It created a lot of suspense for me to continue reading without stopping. I felt sad at the end of the book because of the death of Brie, the timid girl. The constant condemnation she received from Rynah for her timidity also made the story dull to follow. Solaris was very wise enough and should not have selected Brie, but she still summoned Brie to help the others to accomplish their tasks. That is just how each of the characters plays their various roles.

I, therefore, rate this novel 4 out of 4 stars. The story is awesome to follow. The characters and the chapters are all well placed in the book. I did not notice any grammatical and or typographical errors in the novel, and I do thank the author for the excellent work done. At this moment, I recommend this story to people who are in love with nature. And also to students especially those studying physics. However, I think the story would be dull to students who hate science subjects naturally.

Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like Bukari's review? Post a comment saying so!
"Ever Tried. Ever Failed. No Matter. Try Again. Fail Again. Fail Better." - Samuel Beckett.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”