Planet of the Apes Omnibus Series

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fantasy or science fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
RabidFox
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Planet of the Apes Omnibus Series

Post by RabidFox »

One day I discovered a book series for the original Planet of the Apes films, including the 2001 adaptation. It was called Planet of the Apes Omnibus, and there are currently four volumes in the omnibus series. The first book has two novelizations, one for Beneath the Planet of the Apes and one for Escape from the Planet of the Apes. The second book has three, Conquest of the Planet of the Apes, Battle for the Planet of the Apes, and the 2001 film was also turned into a novel and printed in the book. The third omnibus has novelizations of episodes from the Planet of the Apes television series, while the fourth is based on the animated cartoon series.

I must admit, the novelizations don't really capture the feeling of the films, but it's kinda like watching the films, except you're reading the stories instead of looking at them on the screen. However, they are some fun. Hardcore fans may enjoy them, while others may find them simply exhausting. It takes a certain amount of discipline to get into them.

A glaring issue is that the novelization based on Escape from the Planet of the Apes is ridden with typos on almost every page. And not just one typo here and there, but multiple typos on the same pages. Every kind of typo you could ever imagine was left in this novel. It completely baffles me how this happened. There is no sane explanation for why so many typos are all throughout the novel. But, you know, I just can't get enough of the Planet of the Apes, and so I read through all those typos anyway.

I'm interested in seeing if there is anyone else here that likes Planet of the Apes in book form.

Return to “Sci-Fi and Fantasy Books”